Director of Business Development at Travelers Haven
Here at Travelers Haven, we empower people to feel at home anywhere their lives take them. We are a full-service housing firm that helps individuals, businesses and organizations with traveling professionals find housing that works for them. We combine industry-leading software and inspired minds to connect thousands of traveling professionals to find housing that meets all their individual needs.
Together We Thrive. We hire talented people that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, where every day brings a new challenge. Imagine a place without red tape, decisions are made, and your voice is heard. You are quickly able to see your hard work take root and impact is made. You are passionate, ambitious, and determined for success. If you've been searching for an opportunity to help shape the future of corporate housing, we want to talk to you! Come thrive with us.
Hiring rate/range: $80,000 - $100,000 annually
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
This role will be responsible for Travelers Havens Outbound Business Development team. In this role, you will lead a team of sellers who are responsible for acquisition of new customers. You will hire the right people. Train them to be successful. Create a sales system for them to deliver consistent and repeatable results. And you will support our prospects as they become loyal customers.
The Director of Business Development will be accountable for exceeding company new business targets for both revenue and margin.
- Sales Leadership
- Lead a newly created team of Account Executives focused on selling to net new customers
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage individual performance across a diverse set of sellers with varying degrees of experience
- Develop Account Executives to be experts at value based & strategic selling to enable them to show Travelers Haven’s unique offering as a category of its own
- Strategy Development
- Build and scale Travelers Haven’s approach to new business
- Model ROI on continued sales team expansion, and implement a phased approach to drive more growth
- Create & implement compensation plans that align individual contributions to desired company results
- Implement a system for managing to provide transparency on team performance and areas of opportunity
- Stay on the cutting edge of sales enablement technologies to drive effectiveness your team
- Strategic Selling
- Support sellers in driving opportunities forward
- Take the lead when necessary to help win new customers
- Help build content for improved customer presentations & proposals that reflect how Travelers Haven solves customer problems.
- Sales Leadership
- Excellent communication skills in a matrixed organization
- Balanced between strategic and tactical – must be able to think ahead and keep the bigger picture in mind while ensuring the daily execution of sellers and attainment of sales goals
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
Required Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of successful business to business sales experience with 5+ years in a sales leadership position. Sales leader experience must include ability to build a new organization as well as manage an existing organization.
- BS/BA in Management or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- Team(s) of Account Executives focused on SMB or Enterprise Accounts
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. Here’s what we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Unpaid flex time
- Life Insurance
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deeply discounted hotel rates
- Regular team-building events and outings
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Arcade games, golf simulator, and more
- Collaborative workspaces with adjustable sit-stand desks
- Breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver
- Company Paid Parking