At AdAction, you’ll be working with an innovative group of performance marketers in the ever changing AdTech industry. Our goal is to drive quality traffic at scale for our clients with a primary focus of driving real value for our end consumers. At the heart of everything that drives AdAction are the people who work here and strive to make an impact on the success of the business.
Our people love working at AdAction because they’re challenged by unique and difficult problems in a nimble startup environment that’s backed by six plus years of success in performance marketing. Our employees also enjoy perks and benefits like:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Up to 6% 401k match with no vestment period
- Generous PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Monthly team outings and happy hours
- Easy access to downtown Denver
- Weekly catered lunch
AdAction is seeking a highly motivated and talented Director, Business Development to deliver on sales results through effective team building, accountability to growth and collaborative relationships. The successful candidate will be an expert on the sales process, playing a pivotal role in coaching and guiding the sales team to achieve their sales targets. This person should have a strong passion for helping clients achieve their marketing goals and a desire to create new revenue in the most efficient way possible to help AdAction exceed its business development goals.
The Director will work closely with the Executive Team to develop monthly, quarterly and annual goals for increasing pipeline creation and will develop processes to increase the team’s efficiency, productivity and contribution to the business. This individual will be responsible for leading and running the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate is a proven revenue driving leader with a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact.
- Work closely with the VP of Business Development to develop and deliver a strategy to exceed quarterly/annual revenue goals.
- Participate in sales engagements, including strategy sessions, pre-calls, post-calls, and IO negotiations.
- Possess strong prospecting, probing and qualification skills to maximize ROI.
- Must be comfortable negotiating and closing complicated deals remotely and in person with executive level counterparts.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales goals for the department and individual team members.
- Provide market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Proficiency in and dedication to using and improving Salesforce processes.
- Proactively identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the Business Development team.
- Work closely with Marketing and provide insights around content topics to drive awareness and interest in our organization and ensure proper alignment on new business initiatives.
- Represent AdAction at designated trade shows and conferences, as appropriate, and own trade show planning efforts.
- Provide ongoing coaching, motivation, and development to strengthen your team's selling techniques, enabling them to achieve their goals
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on your team's KPI progress on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 - 5 years of experience in successfully driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience selling mobile advertising (CPC, CPI, CPE, CPA) preferred.
- 3+ years leading a team of sales professionals to hit and exceed their individual and company goals.
- Sales Training and Experience (Sandler, MEDDIC, Solution Selling, Spin Selling, or similar training and methodologies, etc.)
- Motivated individual, with a positive attitude, who consistently strives to achieve goals in a manner exceeding expectations.
- Organized with good time management skills including multi-tasking and the ability to reprioritize at a moment’s notice.
- A team player who inspires others around you, leading by example and going above and beyond for the good of the team.
- Data-driven and a creative problem solver.
- Enthusiastic about the mobile app space.
- Experience selling performance marketing solutions, or digital media, required.
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills.
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customers’ business needs.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.