The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:Do you love making new connections in your industry? Do you view obstacles as opportunities for a way to tackle a problem? At The Trade Desk, we are searching for a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver to join our growing team as a Business Development Director. In this role we expect you to exhibit high emotional intelligence and integrity at all times as you establish your role as a true consultative business partner to our clients. This high visibility role offers you an unparalleled opportunity to lead one of our largest accounts, by demonstrating your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with our clients senior leadership
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to cultivate our Independent Agency accounts
- Communicate the value of our media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Lead global account discussions with counterparts on the East and West Coasts
- Work closely with product, marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage individuals in the organization with account responsibility
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-8 years of professional experience; with 3-5 years of relevant sales management experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at Independent Agencies a plus
- Experience establishing long-standing, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.