Director, Business Development
The Director of Business Development reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s executive team. He/she is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including market competitiveness, pricing, compensation, distribution and sales strategy. He/She will drive the company’s achievement of its customer acquisition and revenue goals.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Provides leadership to the sales team, and organization as whole
- Responsible for setting and assigning individual sales quotas for team, which directly align with company goals
- Partners with Executive Leadership Team to identify and implement sales process improvements
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the executive team, and company as a whole.
- Develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Establishes effective sales onboarding, training, and coaching programs
- Acts as a role model for the company culture.
- Establish compensation and sales incentive programs.
- Work closely with the executive team to develop, establish, and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of successful business to business sales & strategy experience in comparable industries, with 3-4 years in a management position.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and partners.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- No direct reports.
- No travel time expected for the position.
What we provide:
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid holidays & sick days.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans.
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits.
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans.
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
- A healthy work/life balance.