Director, Business Development
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, charismatic, detail-oriented, and financially-minded business development professional to solve hard problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will work with our national network of solar installation and development partners to close deals and finance commercial-scale solar projects across the country. Internally, you’ll need to work with members of Wunder's Financing and Underwriting teams to evaluate offtaker credit, model system production estimates and cash flows, perform project diligence, and structure compelling financing packages. Externally, you’ll be communicating with partners on a daily basis to solve problems, answer questions, negotiate terms, and help them secure financing for their solar projects. In this role, you will measure success by dollars-deployed and megawatts-built, everything else is just detail (and you love diving into the detail).
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, closing million-dollar deals every week (read about our most recent LPA here), building an organization aimed at saving the world (read about our Series B here), and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 5+ years of relevant professional experience - potentially in finance, energy project development, or management consulting.
- Deal-Oriented - In this role, you will measure success by dollars-deployed and megawatts-built, everything else is just detail… and you love diving into the detail! Success here likely requires strategizing about how to get a customer over the line when standing in line for coffee, sending late-night texts to coworkers with new ideas, and living for the close.
- Autodidact - Although you don't need extensive experience in both solar and finance, you should be adept at filling in your knowledge gaps and getting up the learning curve on new subjects quickly. It will serve you well in project negotiations to be the smartest person on the phone.
- Quantitative & Organized - While a lot of this job requires client interaction, you’ll be talking about numbers... a lot. You should be comfortable doing mental math and jumping into spreadsheets. Detail orientation is also a must. You should also be great at setting expectations with partners, knowing where we are with gating items, and being able to assess how best to deploy internal resources to accomplish the goal.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills - An ability to explain complex topics via phone and email is a big part of the job. You should be friendly, empathetic, a good listener, and invigorated by developing and maintaining relationships.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited PTO, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Equity and unlimited PTO