Director Business Development - Vertical Markets
The Director Business Development – Vertical Markets will develop and execute strategies to increase sales for the company’s products in various industrial verticals which may include: municipalities, oil&gas, energy/utilities, law enforcement, first responders, and other industrial segments. This includes developing channel strategies, sales tactics, prospecting and closing direct accounts and developing, training and supporting channel/partners that may be required to execute the sales objectives. He/She will have knowledge and experience in selling software/electronics products in remote monitoring, video surveillance, physical security, IoT, or similar technical industrial products in B2B to one of more of the target verticals.
This position will leverage the success of these products in the Construction market, and will build on initial customer base in several of the target verticals. This is a great opportunity to create 10x growth by leveraging a solid product portfolio and initial reference accounts in multiple verticals.
- Analyze current customers, market, and competition in target verticals and develop and evolve effective channel/sales tactics.
- Develop prospects through direct outreach, tradeshows/events, and targeted marketing campaigns (supported by marketing team).
- Respond to customer inquiries with information, presentations (web and in-person), demonstrations, quotes, and proposals.
- Qualify and close direct sales prospects via outbound calling, email, and on-site visits
- Develop partnering strategy as needed, and recruit partners to help execute and scale up strategy (e.g., integrators, resellers).
- Consistently log and record customer and prospect interactions in CRM system (SugarCRM)
- Provide periodic reporting about sales funnel, trends and customers
- Provide feedback to engineering team on product features/capabilities that will impact competitiveness in the market and meet customer requirements and win business
- Provide inputs to marketing to support the development of key vertical specific personas, funnel, messaging and sales enablement tools to support market verticals
- Proven ability to develop and grow a pipeline of new business in similar types of markets with hands-on sales execution
- Demonstrated ability to close orders over $250,000
- Knowledgeable about market structures, channels and selling tactics in at least some of the target verticals
- Ability to solicit and assess customer application requirements and select solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comprehend Sensera Systems product line and to effectively communicate our value proposition to prospects in presentations and written communications
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Experience with sales/business development of new product categories and/or emerging markets a plus
- Able to handle fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- 5+ years of experience in similar selling roles
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
This position reports to the VP of Sales.
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
Full-time, exempt, permanent, 40 hours/week. Remote considered.
~15-20% national travel: customer and partner visits; tradeshows
base + commission + bonus at plan (DOE)
ABOUT SENSERA SYSTEMS:
Sensera Systems is helping lead a revolution in the multi-trillion dollar construction market to improve efficiency, profits, and safety. Our growing set of construction automation and site security solutions include solar/wireless cameras and remote monitoring systems. We have over 1000 general contractor customers, are profitable and growing rapidly. Sensera Systems is extremely well positioned to achieve our target of 10x growth over the next few years.
Our patented hardware/cloud platform sits at the intersection of important trends in wireless (4G/LTE), IoT, cloud, and solar, SaaS.
We have a fun, no-nonsense culture of innovation and hard work. We value team members who are true professionals, who enjoy learning and taking on a wider range of responsibilities, and who are customer and market focused. We have a relaxed, results-oriented culture and a solid team that has demonstrated success together.