TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We encourage our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development with innovative ideas, a passion for expanding business opportunities, and energized by the amateur sports tech market. You will focus on deeply understanding the market landscape and needs, with a particular emphasis on new business investments, strategic partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A).This role reports directly to Greg Ludke, VP of Corporate Strategy and Development, and will partner closely with leaders across advertising, sales, marketing, product, and analytics.
If you are a strategic thinker and problem-solver who is able to move quickly while keeping focused on a corporate strategy that will evolve TeamSnap’s position in the industry, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with the VP of Corporate Strategy & Development and the CEO to develop, inform, and execute TeamSnap’s accelerated growth strategy.
- Drive business development initiatives including assessing the competitive landscape, business case development, conducting due diligence, lead generation, sourcing, and financial analysis.
- Own the M&A strategy and market map which will require originating the list of targets, managing the relationships, and developing a fact-based point-of-view on the top strategic targets.
- Identify, build, and manage strategic partnerships to advance business growth opportunities and to increase TeamSnap’s visibility and reputation.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts; both M&A purchase agreements and strategic commercial relationships.
- Prepare, evaluate and present robust financial modeling and analyses to inform investment strategies and decisions.
- Work with Waud Capital as well as interacting with third parties such as investment banks and service providers (ie, accountants, consultants, etc.).
- Prepare presentations, data analysis, and business proposals for executive leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Develop negotiation strategies and structure corporate relationships and M&A deals.
What will set you up for success:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics; MBA preferred in Finance or Accounting.
- 4+ years of experience with investment banking experience or has worked within a corporate development or corporate strategy role before. We will also consider consulting experience or general strategy & management backgrounds.
- Preference for experience in the advertising, media, publishing, eCommerce, consumer industries
- A self-starter with capabilities including financial modeling, understanding of capital structure, Excel, and presentation skills.
- Experience with the mechanics of contract structuring for channel partnerships, and eseller relationships.
- Experience in M&A purchase agreements and strategic commercial relationships.
- Flexibility to be strategic while also rolling up your sleeves to produce detailed products
- Serving as a positive influence across all levels of the organization even if the first time answer may be a “no”
- Experience with TeamSnap or amateur sports tech is a strong plus.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The salary for this role starts at a minimum of $200,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits. This applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, accountability, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
• We're not just remote, we are remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• Monthly stipend for health & wellness and much more! Click here for the deets!
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.