Director, Business Development (Retail Partnerships)
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest minds in technology? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about digital marketing. We are looking for a powerhouse Director of Business Development to sell to the biggest players in retail and mobile commerce and bring them on to our game-changing platform.
- Own the entire business development process, including creating initial business plans, developing financial models, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new platforms, and evolving those platforms based on early results
- Unlock challenging, high-potential verticals, using a combination of innovative tactics to capture spend from competitors, traditional digital players, and legacy tactics
- Beat annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and execution of new businesses
- Embrace the Lean Startup approach to quickly evaluate new opportunities at a low cost
- Develop and deliver innovative sales presentations that educate prospective clients and partners on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry. Establish yourself as an industry expert
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Listen to clients (existing and potential) and identify opportunities to grow and enhance the business and our products
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
- Continually refine your skills and expertise to stay ahead of the demands of your role
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national B2B business development experience in grocery, payments or big box retailers, including 2+ years people managing. Existing relationships in marketing roles at fuel, grocery or big box strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, with a demonstration of the ability to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- Observant, intuitive team player who thrives on collaborating to make the business stronger
- A relentless drive to ensure that you, the company and our clients succeed
- An insatiable hunger for personal and professional growth
- Well organized, with experience in CRM software
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 50% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $460 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.