Director, Business Development – Real Estate & Data Center Partnerships
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director of Business Development is a new role with a broad set of strategy and long-term business growth responsibilities; focused on developing partnerships with Real Estate consultancy & Datacenter Providers; ownership of multiple strategic long-term growth initiatives; and overall development of alternate partnership-based sales channels for Zayo.
This role will interface with a broad set of individuals at Zayo, and the ability to develop productive relationships with other functional teams will be critical: sales, network, operations and engineering, finance, legal, corporate development, etc.
- Develop systematic partnership program to establish new revenue streams
- Establish a proactive mechanism of targeting & relationship building to develop constituency of partnership programs
- Define and implement/project manage various strategic growth initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business; MBA or other relevant Masters’ Degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years of strategy, business development and/or sales experience
- 7+ years of telecommunications management experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting group objectives
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP transport, Dark Fiber, custom access and colocation preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.