Director of Business Development, Distribution Partners at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing large strategic partnerships invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest minds in technology? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands, retailers, and financial institutions think about digital marketing and consumer rewards. We are looking for a Director to work with the biggest players in grocery retail and banking to make it easier than ever to use Ibotta’s own properties and to make our cash-back offers available directly through retailer loyalty programs and banking rewards programs.
This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Drive the strategy that grows Ibotta from primarily being a D2C app to the go-to platform that provides Rewards as a Service to various partners (e.g. grocery retailers, large financial institutions, content publishers, social networks)
- Sell in and negotiate key deals with strategic partners, creating win-win partnerships
- Build and deliver innovative presentations to prospective partners showcasing the value proposition of working with Ibotta
- Identify and create new opportunities to grow Ibotta’s business with a primary focus on growth through partnerships
- Own the entire business development process, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new pilots, and evolving those partnerships based on data-driven results
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept relationship management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure that our relationships with partners are driving expected results for Ibotta and its partners
- Travel up to 30% (when it is safe to do so). Note, we are remote for the foreseeable future due to the impact of COVID-19
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years of national B2B business development experience working with large partners in: grocery, finance/payments, retail, technology, digital marketing, and promotions
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex BD/partnership process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Great communication skills, both written and oral (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Advanced negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur and to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO, or with the option of fully remote, and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Expected total compensation for this role with on-target earnings is $140,000-$190,000. Base compensation range: $70,000-$110,000. Employees in this role are eligible for accelerators, which may increase the on-target earnings. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.