We’re looking for a Director of Account Management to join our rapidly growing team!
We’re Verblio: a unique content writing startup based in Denver, CO. Content is a core foundation of modern marketing. But it’s really hard to create quality content, particularly at scale. It requires time, resources, and talent, and many companies simply can’t reasonably or cost-effectively staff in-house.
That’s where we come in. By combining a marketplace business model with the flexibility and deep vertical expertise of SaaS, Verblio enables writers to create 70,000+ pieces of unique content per year for our customers. With a network of over 3,000 professional writers, Verblio provides the platform for modern digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers to create unique content creation solutions.
To do all of this, we’ve created a high-performing SaaS startup led by a 15-year marketplace industry veteran and staffed by a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies, writing enthusiasts, and random liberal arts degree collectors.
We’ve been on a full-tilt growth spurt for several years and have grandiose plans for world domination in the near future...and that’s where you come in! We are looking for our first Director of Account Management to pioneer a structured approach to ensuring and growing revenue from existing clients. Ready?
About the role:
Verblio’s Director of Account Management will develop and execute a strategy for growing revenue from existing customers via exceptional relationship management, upsells and cross-sells, and proactive renewal management. You'll be a member of our Revenue Team and will work cross-functionally with a set of Customer Success Managers who ensure that our customers get maximum value from their relationship with Verblio.
As the first Director of Account Management at Verblio you’ll architect our segmentation and account management approach, then roll up your sleeves to proactively grow a large portfolio of customers ranging from sole proprietorships to multi-billion dollar enterprises.
This full-time, exempt position will be responsible for:
- Defining our approach to Strategic Account Management. With ~1000 clients and a team of < 30, we can’t talk to every client. You will be instrumental in helping to segment our customers and craft the right level of service for each of them. We’ve built a foundation of happy and loyal clients, but we haven't scratched the surface in terms of helping them grow. We call that opportunity!
- Seeing our clients’ needs before they do. Client retention, renewals, upsells, and growth is the name of the game. You’ll develop strong relationships throughout each client’s organization, enabling you to anticipate and identify ways that Verblio can offer additional value.
- Understanding (living?) the customer journey. As you learn our business and put yourself in the mindset of a Verblio customer, you’ll identify, implement and share processes and tools that guide where we should intervene to improve the customer journey. Your insight will help make customer-first thinking the standard across our organization.
- Do all of this in a bootstrapped startup environment. The three things above are hard. But, because we like challenges, it’s worth reiterating that we’re a bootstrapped startup and there are resource constraints that come along with that. (But also a huge degree of freedom in how you get it done). Verblio team members seek out ways to go above and beyond their responsibilities for the good of the team, the platform, and our community.
Whew! If you’re reading this and still feeling psyched, definitely keep reading.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 3-6 years of account management experience.
- A passion for content marketing & SEO.
- Great interpersonal and networking skills and a love for building relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build relationships with executives at organizations of varying sizes.
- Experience growing a large portfolio of clients over multiple renewal cycles.
- Zeal for working with an all-star team who prioritizes having fun, enjoying the quirkiness of our users, and over delivering (because it’s the right thing to do).
What makes Verblio a great place to work?
- We work hard, have fun, learn a lot, and are proud of our transparent, collaborative culture.
- We believe in doing good, and that creating great opportunities for home-based writers is just as important as helping our clients find their next customer.
- We’ve made the Inc 5000 list and won the Mercury 100 award 5 times, as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley.
- We offer equity, health, dental & vision insurance, a 401k, and a generous vacation policy.
- This position pays $100,000 - 135,000/year, commensurate with experience, plus an annual bonus.
Excited about this opportunity? If so, click here to apply with your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile link, and your favorite 1-2 sentences that show you went deep into this job description and it speaks to you.