Dealer Relations Manager at Markit Digital
At automotiveMastermind, we thrive on high energy at high speed. We're an organization in hyper-growth mode and have a fast-paced culture to match. Our highly engaged teams feel passionately about both our product and our people. This passion is what continues to motivate and challenge our teams to be best-in-class. Our cultural values of "Drive" and "Help" have been at the core of what we do, and how we have built our culture through the years. This cultural framework inspires a passion for success while collaborating to win.
What we do:
automotiveMastermind puts dealers in the driver's seat with Market EyeQ. Mastermind is an automated sales and marketing platform that empowers dealers to close more deals by predicting future buyers and consistently marketing to them. Generate success in your loyalty, service, and conquest portfolios through a combination of turnkey predictive analytics, proactive marketing, and dedicated consultative services.
What you will do:
As a Dealer Relations Manager, you must possess superior communication skills that enable you to build high-level relationships throughout the entire dealership. You consistently demonstrate a clear comprehensive understanding of our dealer partners goals, pain points, markets, and their competitors, as well as automotive business trends. You are highly organized, task and detail-oriented, articulate, flexible, self-motivated, and capable of working well under pressure. You are driven to provide the highest level of unwavering customer service through coaching, training, and consultation. Your professional experience has instilled a sense of urgency without compromising the strategic approach to achieve success for our dealer partners.
The ideal candidate:
You have practical experience, a comprehensive understanding, and strong working knowledge of how an automotive dealership runs day to day. You can travel as needed within and out of your defined territory. You continually strive to meet or exceed expectations in all aspects of your role, from servicing our partners to proactively contributing and collaborating with the team and dealerships.
- Possess an in depth understanding of our software platform functionality, related services and an overview of the technical functionality. Leverage this knowledge to strategically implement processes and work with executive management, floor management and other various departments within the dealership on appropriate usage.
- Responsible for day-to-day dealer relationship management and champion the adoption and ongoing use of the company product in the dealerships
- Execute launch planning, manage the product implementation and deliver initial and ongoing training to meet the needs of the dealers in their area through regular monthly performance visits as well as the same to the regional team
- Serve as first point of contact for our handling dealerships issues and follows up on those that have been escalated
- Bring best practice knowledge of the product into the client organization to support the company's value proposition to its dealerships and to teammates on the regional team
- Ensure that product changes, new features and releases are communicated and implemented in a timely manner to their accounts
- This position will cover a geographical area and work as part of a larger team reporting to a Director of Dealer Relations
- Responsible for the retention of 20+ accounts
Who you are:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Management, Marketing or a related field
- 3-5 years professional experience working in sales, marketing or customer service in a luxury automotive retail environment
- Significant experience working with CRM tools and are at ease with technology
- Think quickly on your feet and handle ambiguity
- Communicate well both orally and in writing and demonstrate business and financial acumen in your daily work
- Know how to establish rapport and develop meaningful relationships with your clients
- Negotiate effectively, finding the win-win solution to problems
- Proactively solicit feedback, ask clarifying questions and resolve issues in a non-confrontational way
- Ability to perform as part of a larger team and work independently to schedule and prioritize your work
- Regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results
- Must believe in what you do and feel a vested interest the company's success
- This role requires 80%-100% travel within the region and nationally as needed. A valid driver license is required to perform the job.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.