Deal Desk Manager at Udemy
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:55 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Deal Desk Manager, you will be a key member of the GTM Strategy & Operations team, directly contributing to the growth of our B2B business by building out the systems, processes, and infrastructure to help scale our organization to the next level. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager, Deal Desk.
The Deal Desk Manager is a cross-functional role that partners with our sales, customer success, legal, and finance teams to streamline our overall quote-to-order process. You will be responsible for defining standard deal procedures, providing analytical and process support to complex, non-standard deals, and facilitating approvals from the respective decision-makers.
The Udemy Business (UB) GTM Strategy & Operations team’s mission is to enable all go-to-market teams to scale and grow top-line revenue efficiently. The team supports our mission by delivering the process and information flows that drive the entire customer journey optimization, promoting cross-functional alignment, overseeing resource and performance planning, refining key processes to increase efficiencies, and adopting best-in-class tools and technologies to support the entire UB go-to-market universe from lead generation to customer invoicing.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Partner with our sales, customer success, finance, and legal team leaders to define standard / non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Manage the day-to-day optimization of complex non-standard deals and serve as the primary point of contact for sales, finance, and legal in these transactions
- Provide training to the sales team on deal structuring and best practices to increase deal velocity
- Establish a streamlined review process for pricing, deal economics, and alert Sales leaders on potential business impact
- Contribute to Deal Desk initiatives by leading special projects, including the creation of the playbook for non-standard deal structure models, Deal Desk automation, dashboards, sales analytics, and various performance metrics
- Ensure that closed-won opportunities have the appropriate expertise, review, and approvals
- Identify and drive implementation of new tools and process improvements to support growth.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years experience driving operational improvements in a Deal Desk or Sales Operations function for a high growth US-based B2B SaaS company. Experience operating on a team of over 100 sales reps is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement for contract processing and general support to the sales organization.
- Strong organizational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
- Salesforce.com CPQ experience preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across the UB business with sales, finance, legal, and others
- Strong process thinking to drive continuous improvements to the Deal Desk
- Ability to work independently across multiple time zones and coordinate with management
Minimum Salary: $87,000-$105,000 + Equity + Benefits (See Below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is the world’s largest online learning destination that helps students, businesses, and governments gain the skills they need to compete in today’s economy. Millions of students are mastering new skills from 65,000 instructors teaching over 183,000 online courses in topics from programming and data science to leadership and team building. For companies, Udemy Business offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to more than 11,000 courses in our Udemy Business catalog, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Udemy Business is designed to upskill workers and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Udemy maintains hubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Austin, Boston, Melbourne, Sao Paulo, Dublin, New Delhi, Ankara, Istanbul and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Udemy investors include Insight Partners, Prosus (Naspers Ventures), Norwest Venture Partners, and Stripes.
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description