ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Deal Desk Manager, you will be a key member of the Revenue Operations team, directly contributing to the growth of our B2B business by building out the systems, process, and infrastructure to help scale our organization to the next level. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager of Deal Desk.
The Deal Desk Manager is a cross-functional role that partners with our sales, customer success, legal, and finance teams to streamline our overall quote-to-order process. You will be responsible for defining standard deal procedures, providing analytical and process support to complex, non-standard deals, and facilitating approvals from the respective decision-makers.
The Udemy for Business (UFB) Revenue Operations team’s mission is to enable all go-to-market teams to scale and grow top line revenue efficiently. The team supports our mission by delivering the process and information flows that drive the entire customer journey optimization, promoting cross-functional alignment, overseeing resource and performance planning, refining key processes to increase efficiencies, and adopting best-in-class tools and technologies to support the entire UFB go-to-market universe from lead generation to customer invoicing.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Partner with our sales, customer success, finance, and legal team leaders to define standard / non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Manage the day-to-day optimization of complex non-standard deals and serve as the primary point of contact for sales, finance, and legal in these transactions
- Provide training to the sales team on deal structuring and best practices to increase deal velocity
- Establish a streamlined review process for pricing, deal economics, and alert Sales leaders on potential business impact
- Contribute to Deal Desk initiatives by leading special projects, including the creation of the playbook for non-standard deal structure models, Deal Desk automation, dashboards, sales analytics, and various performance metrics
- Ensure that closed-won opportunities have the appropriate expertise, review, and approvals
- Identify and drive implementation of new tools and process improvements to support growth.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years experience driving operational improvements in a Deal Desk or Sales Operations function for a high growth US based B2B SaaS company. Experience operating on a team of over 100 sales reps is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement for contract processing and general support to the sales organisation.
- Strong organisational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
- Salesforce.com CPQ experience preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across the UFB business with sales, finance, legal and others
- Strong process thinking to drive continuous improvements to the Deal Desk
- Ability to work independently across multiple time zones and coordinate with management
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description