Customer Support Engineer - Technical at JumpCloud
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving thousands of organizations across the globe freedom of choice with their IT solutions. We give companies the ability to remotely manage and control all of their organization’s identities, devices, & resources on a single, comprehensive, cloud-based platform. That means doing it better, faster, easier and more securely by staying on the bleeding edge of technology.
About the Role
This is an excellent growth opportunity for someone with previous work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or System Administrator who would like to join an IT focused product company. This role involves rigorous training and clear communication in deeply technical identity subject matter such as authentication, system management, and networking. You’ll work with passionate team members supporting an exciting product actively used by our global user base.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical support and issue resolution to our customers through ongoing issue triaging via email, telephone or remote web session.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, our knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools to provide the most effective, world-class solutions for our customers.
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Create and implement processes that help Support meet key objectives
- Escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Work with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product - ensuring the access of their entire employee base to all of the resources needed - their servers, workstations and laptops, the networks they access to all of the web and on-premise applications they use every day.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
- On-call rotation required. Duration - 1 week. Duties include monitoring of status updates and external customer responses to incoming cases during outage.
We’re looking for... inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, integration of our Directory-as-a-Service® (DaaS) platform.
- 2 to 5 years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication, passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Understanding or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Directory Services (Active Directory, G Suite, Okta, , LDAP)
- Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Single Sign-on (SAML)
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
We have two offices in Colorado, one in Louisville and one in downtown Denver. Once we reopen office options you will have the opportunity to work from one of our office locations, flex your time or remain fully remote (in the U.S.).
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you!
JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.