Customer Success Trainer
At Xero, we're here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we're not only helping small business, we'll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you'll make an impact
Xero's Customer Experience Team is made up of product experts, based in NZ, AU, US and UK, who work together to provide 24/7 support to Xero users. We aim to delight our customers and make it easy for them to see how Xero adds value to their business.
This role is primarily responsible for working with the CS Training and Product Improvement Team Leader to ensure that training and coaching is coordinated and delivered to all Customer Experience and wider Xero team members.
What you'll do
- Follow the training, coaching, and review plan as described by the CS Training and Product Improvement Team Leader
- Work with the CS Training and Product Improvement Team Leader and other Customer Experience Trainers to keep global training content up to date
- Ensure any country specific training content is reviewed regularly and kept up-to-date
- Prepare, coordinate, and deliver training to new Customer Success team members
- Work with the onsite Customer Experience Team Leaders, Managers, and Seniors to understand skill gaps and development requirements of existing Customer Experience Specialists and schedule and deliver training to meet these needs
- Develop and deliver training material as required by the CS Training & Product Improvement Team Leader
- Work with the CS Training and Product Improvement Team Leader, Workflow Coordinators and Reporting & Insights team to understand what additional up-skilling is required to meet customer demand and co-ordinate the required training and review.
- Identify and help fulfill training and development needs in Customer Success
- Co-ordinate and/or deliver training to the wider Xero team when necessary (eg Xero Cert/Xero Go)
- Notify Workflow Coordinators when up-skilling of existing team members has been completed so they can assign the team members to the right work queue/s.
- Meet with local Team Leaders and Managers weekly to provide updates on how new Customer Experience Specialists are progressing while on review
- Coordinate and schedule off review tests for new Customer Experience Specialists, organize marking for these and provide results back to their Team Leader or Manager
- Meet with the Training and Product Improvement Team Leader weekly or fortnightly to provide a progress update of training for new and existing Customer Experience Support Specialists
- Review cases and provide feedback to Customer Experience team members when necessary
- Be a 'go-to' person for customer cases that require specialist product knowledge
- Help maintain the CX Guide and any Training material on confluence, google drive or Litmos
- Contribute to ideas and tasks for CS Ops strategic projects to improve Xero Customer Experience for our teams and for our customers
Success looks like
- Training of new team members is scheduled and organized no later than one week prior to their start date – rooms booked, training plan documented and shared with the CS Training and Product Improvement Team Leader, and calendar invites sent to guest speakers
- Delivers effective critique, training & guidance to new Customer Experience team members
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork & helping others
- New Customer Experience Specialists are trained, coached, and off review within 8 weeks of starting
- Feedback is gathered from each training session and changes made to content and delivery as required.
- Global and country specific training content is maintained and kept up-to-date
- Skill gaps of existing staff are identified and required training is delivered
- Induction and training is organized in a timely manner for wider Xero teams eg Product Teams
- Regularly demonstrates Xero's core values - Human, Ownership, Champion, Challenge, and Beautiful
What you'll bring with you
- Creates a collaborative environment
- Being the 'go-to' person
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Initiative and ability to self manage, along with flexibility
- Ability to work efficiently within agreed timeframes
- Ability to build effective relationships
- A proven team player who pro-actively helps other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly perceptive with the ability to adjust your style to suit different groups and learning styles
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and remain calm under pressure
- Experience facilitating and running training workshops
- Experience in a finance, accounting, or bookkeeping role
- Customer service experience is beneficial
- Experience using or supporting Xero is a huge plus
Why you'll love Xero
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.