Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Nylas customers. In this role, you will bring Nylas’ best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers and match these to the customers' business goals, driving greater value and alignment between Nylas and the customer. You will be a trusted advisor to all our customers, orchestrating our success services and providing best practices around adoption and feature usage. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of the Nylas footprint.
What You'll Do
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, partnering with these customers in developing their strategic direction
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Nylas features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Own ultimate responsibility for the customer’s success with our platform, subscription renewal and platform usage expansion.
- Promote maximum value from the customers investment in Nylas. Aim for full utilization of the complete API, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with our Implementation Engineering, Product, Support, Sales Account Management teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
- Lead senior customer stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelizing the capabilities of Nylas
- Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer’s Blueprint, where appropriate.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business and technical goals and work with the team to build a risk mitigation plan.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Nylas product and platform functionality
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Working knowledge of software development process and of software
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRMs, recruiting tools, SaaS software and the overall SaaS markets
- Proven effectiveness at leading productive meetings and workshops
- A never ending curiosity to learn, and a passionate commitment to improving the experience of our customers
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
$70,000-85,000 + Equity
Read Full Job Description