Customer Success Manager - Carriers at DAT
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our outstanding Inside Sales team located in Beaverton, OR.
You’ll bring your background in the transportation industry, along with your experience in product training and customer communication skills to this critical role.
This is your opportunity to make a major contribution to customer success and retention with a SaaS company that has been at the forefront of freight analytics for over 43 years.
This fully remote, work from home opportunity, is open to applicants who are full time residents of the following states:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.
- Highly effective account manager who will build and maintain relationships with customers in a B2B environment.
- Deep understanding of the freight and logistics industry.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience developing profitable relationships with customers.
- Detail oriented and adaptable multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver customer onboarding, product training, product support and proactive communication to DAT carrier customers.
- Manage accounts and keep customers abreast of new features and enhancements.
- Be the “voice of the customer” to Product Management, Sales and Product Support.
- Prospect by establishing rapport with customers to identify needs and opportunities.
- Exceed net revenue growth quota by upselling customers on additional service packages.
- Build comprehensive customer profiles, with details on scope, growth, targets, and measurements for success.
- Be your customers’ main point of contact at DAT.
- Leverage an in-depth knowledge of DAT products to communicate their value to customers.
- Manage a sales funnel using Salesforce CRM.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Need
- Background in the transportation, logistics or supply chain industry is required.
- Demonstrated experience successfully meeting and exceeding a sales quota.
- Excellent communication skills in presentations, by email and in correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree, or significant direct industry experience in lieu, is required.
- Skilled at actively listening to customers, with the ability to probe and ask for the sale.
- Excellent computer skills, using Salesforce CRM, Google Workday, and more.
- Self-directed, self-motivated contributor with top-notch decision-making skills.
- Fast learner who will quickly learn and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of DAT products, features, and pricing.
- Provide exceptional teamwork, dependable and reliable member of the team.
- Experience in SaaS and subscription-based selling preferred.
- DAT provides a laptop and optional equipment as needed for productivity. A hard-wired connection from the laptop to the router/modem with an ethernet cable is required. Wireless, satellite, microwave, and cellular hotspot connections do not qualify because they can compromise security and call stability.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) <#LI-DM1>