Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
This person must reside in or relocate to Milwaukee.
The customer advocate role plays a vital role in supporting MolsonCoors and Ball in providing excellence in service for all can body and can end quality and service related issues. The advocate role works closely with the brewery material quality specialist on the essential areas outlined below.
What will you be responsible for?
- Directs and performs routine audits at external warehouses and customer facilities.
- Facilitates, approves, and coordinates SOP’s and documentation, as required by the Ball Packaging Operations’ standard, in conjunction with affected plant departments.
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of customer certification programs.
- Ensures the resolution of customer concerns and claims.
- Provides troubleshooting as necessary for customer quality/performance issues. Facilitates cross function problem solving when applicable.
- Assists in qualification test plans liaising between the customer and Ball.
- Provides feedback to our plants in their customer service program in matters relating to quality.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work hours in addition to a standard 40-hour work week on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard customer/equipment techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to provide management review and control over quality assurance work concerned with the development/modification of products, structures, or processes as part of the quality assurance function(s).
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork environment.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Company policies, procedures, and products
- Quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- Business principles, legal practices, customers’ needs and expectations
- Ball Packaging Operations’ quality standards
- Statistical process control
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans