Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking to add a Commercial Sales Manager to #TeamGreen based in Denver. This is a great chance to join our rapidly scaling Commercial team.
This person will be responsible for Management of a team of Commercial AE sellers. Driving revenue growth through direct sales and partnership development. Executing sales strategy, tactics, and plans to achieve ARR goals.
What you will be doing;
- You will occasionally take the lead on critical deals
- Managing and motivating Commercial AE team to hit revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Drive team quota of free trials per month to drive logo acquisition
- Drive prospecting and pipeline creation
- Fostering development of team through sales support, educational/training programs, 1:1 coaching
- Working with Alliances/Marketing/SDR teams to ensure cohesive team and effective go-to-market strategy
- Hiring, onboarding, and effective enablement of new starters
- Following sales process, playbook and coaching sales team to do same; always leading by example
- Ensuring performing sales team members are motivated and supported to be energized and hit goals
- Accurately “bottom up” forecasting new trials, revenue on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Be metric driven. Measure and report team performance KPIs, including seller productivity, net new ARR, expansion, and churn
- Responsible for data quality & seller enablement across all systems & tools
- Responsible for reporting to leadership, with a keen eye to innovation and process
Partner Relationship Development
- Foster strong relationships with our vendor and technology partners
- Enable seller-to-seller relationships to drive new business
- Educate partners on value of Matillion to their business
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- Proven sales leadership experience with a strong record in mentoring, empowering and positively challenging a team to develop themselves to best-in-class standards and achieve defined business goals
- Some knowledge of Cloud Data Platform or BI Solution space and sales of similar products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher ideally in business/economics
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and with multiple departments
- High energy leader with positive can do attitude
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.