Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a Commercial Sales Engineer to join #TeamGreen in the US. The role can be based from our Denver-HQ, or remotely across the US!
Successful solution sellers are storytellers. Every interaction with a customer reiterates that story- not just how the product works, but how the product solves a problem in a unique way for that customer’s situation. Matillion Commercial Sales Engineers are responsible for earning the technical win with Matillion’s commercial customers by being exceptional technical storytellers and solution sellers.
Commercial Sales Engineers move beyond discussing features/functions of the product, focusing on how the product solves the customer’s unique problems, and how Matillion uniquely solves those problems in contrast to competitors. They understand where the customer pain is, their current environment, where the market is, and engage with the customer from that targeted perspective. SEs are excellent questioners and listeners and have a knack for disarming customers and getting them talking. Customers don't buy Matillion, they buy the solution to the problem and connecting those dots is the SE’s magic. They identify real needs and illustrate how Matillion addresses those needs, not simply how Matillion works.
The art of a commercial SE is in the ability to consistently identify an insight unique to each prospect and apply it to the context of that prospect’s business. They are able to amplify the pain of the prospect’s current situation, then uniquely position the solution by leading them to what they need and then how Matillion’s solution uniquely solves it.
Commercial deals are by nature more transactional than enterprise deals, which make them very exciting and fast-moving. This puts a lot of emphasis on the ability of the Commercial SE to be able to apply standard best practices and reusable assets in place while jumping from a context to another quickly.
What you will be doing;
Technical solution selling
- Consistently engaging with prospects facilitating demos, shepherding evaluation and handling objections
- Leading technical evaluation activities in partnership with prospects, defining success criteria and helping prospects through the process
- Leading technical discussions with existing commercial customers to drive expansion of Matillion across the organization
- Providing technical evangelism in territory through activities including presenting to user groups and at conferences and through content creation
Technical Commercial Account Management
- Playing a central role in building overall account strategies with the commercial AE, significantly helping shape the strategy to get the win.
- Sitting w/ the rest of the account team to develop account strategy and crafted pitches
- Building the book of business with designated AEs
- Actively participating in QBRs with designated AEs
Product and Engineering Support
- Provide feedback to product and engineering based on your visibility into how customers are using and interacting with Matillion
What we are looking for - Essentials
- Technical selling experience or experience in technical consulting, integration of technical product
- Strong desire to win new business by overcoming technical objections through software demonstrations, proofs of concept, presentations, and the cultivation of technical relationships
- Experience with full cloud data landscape - governance solutions, data warehousing, BI/AI, competitive experience
- ETL or Data Integration experience
- Cloud computing experience with expertise in one or more of the following: AWS, GCP, or AzureExperience working with Cloud Data Warehouses, especially Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or Azure Synapse AnalyticsLinux, Python, and SQL expertise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer or Solution Architect
- One or more of the following RDBMSes: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- NoSQL experience with MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, or Couchbase
- MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, or Exadata)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Version control software, especially Git
- Network security fundamentals
- Web Application Servers (especially Tomcat)
- A degree in computer science or related subject (qualifications may be waived in lieu of experience)
- Experience using Salesforce
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch!