Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Serving as a subject matter expert and Cloud engineer for one or more products or technologies within Microsoft Azure (e.g., Azure Migrate, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Compute, Network, Storage, WVD, etc.)
- Dealing with infrastructure consolidations, migrations, transformations, and optimizations of dedicated, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments
- Migrating or deploying infrastructure using the Azure Portal or Code (Azure Resource Manager, CLI or PowerShell)
- Implementing and managing Azure connectivity and networking (e.g., Express Route, DNS, IP allocation and traffic routing, NSG’s and Azure Firewall, etc.)
- Integrating, configuring, deploying, and managing centrally provided common cloud services which may include: IAM, networking, monitoring, operating systems, VMs, App Services, DBaaS, Containers, etc.
- Administrating Windows Servers, automating deployments, and scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
- Configuring backup automation, monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Participating in work sessions with clients and deliver advisory and/or training sessions on different technical topics or aspects of the project implementation.
- Documenting projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and sometimes PowerPoint/Keynote presentations are required.
- Regularly communicating with the Solutions Operations Manager to ensure alignment on timelines and potential problems/risk that could require resolution or mitigation.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Extensive experience in managed services, consulting, technical support, or a technical sales role is preferred
- Solid working knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Solid working experience with Microsoft Azure: Computing and Networking, Storage, Database Services, Administration and Security, Deployment and Management, Application Services
- Good working knowledge of Application, Operating System, networking topologies and engineering (e.g. Windows Server, RDS, DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, and gateway devices)
- Solid working knowledge of cloud strategy, operations, capacity, utilization, disaster recovery, migration, and consolidation best practices
- Solid working knowledge of other Microsoft services and features with Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, Exchange, SharePoint, O365, and M365 is preferred
- Solid working knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., virtualization technologies, operating systems, platform migration, data management, networking, facilities, and operational facilities)
- Experience with common “as-a-Service” offerings from various service providers across various solution stacks (e.g., infrastructure, platform, software, etc.) is preferred
- High-level knowledge of VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Google Cloud, IaaS architecture, Networking, Open Source Technology, Cyber Security, and DevOps
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts & technology in order to adapt to constantly changing SaaS platforms
- Willingness and desire to continuously keep knowledge up to date by earning relevant certifications to specialty domain
- Experience working with regulated environments (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Strong people, verbal, and writing skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. degree in IT or a related technical field, equivalent work experience, or relevant technology pre- or post- sales background
- At least one (1) top-tier technical certification in a highly desired technology domain
- You must have experience working for an IT MSP
- One (1) or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- Azure certifications: AZ-103/104, AZ-203, AZ-500, AZ-400, AZ-300, AZ-301
- Microsoft certifications: MCSE, MCTS or similar
- Other certifications: IaaS, Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365, Microsoft 3
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $65,000 or more depending on experience