Client Relations Account Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS™ Valdi is a comprehensive Order Management System (OMS) solution for US equities (stocks) and stock options. This real-time trading software solution offers automated trading services to multiple exchanges, as well as customized client application and broker connectivity to global markets.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 10+ years of experience and up to five years leadership responsibility or the equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations processing organization.
- Understanding of why an Order Management System is needed by a client
- Former equities trading experience
- Requires good working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to handle projects commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Prior banking or finance related experiences a plus; personal banking experience preferred
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Strong problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of FIS products and related services; in-depth knowledge of products and services for which team(s) provide support
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Some flexibility of hours is required
What you will be doing
As a primary liaison, will be responsible for escalation, effective oversight of client projects and implementations, execution of account plan activities, building of relationships with client contacts and management and coordination of the client loyalty process.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, overall management of the relationship and client retention activities.
- Responsible for answering customer inquiries, primarily over the telephone, e-mail or chat.
- Develops strong working relationships with assigned clients and FIS resources.
- Serves as primary point of contact for external clients and various departments/divisions to resolve outstanding issues, comply with customer requests and respond to client inquiries
- Provides support in research and resolution of problems and inquiries.
- Interfaces with clients to determine present and future needs and discusses progress toward solutions.
- Coordinates with clients, relationship managers and other appropriate areas to ensure clients are properly serviced, paperwork is properly executed and all operational arrangements are in place to service assigned accounts.
- May prepare monthly and quarterly departmental reports.
- Keeps abreast of new products/services and changes to existing products/services.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of applicable products, services and company policies and procedures.
- Identifies additional opportunities to provide more products, services or other resources to customer and refers to managing director/relationship manager.
- May participate in business reviews to learn about clients' strategic direction as well as gain a good understanding of the products and/or services FIS is offering.
- Participates in client loyalty process by informing assigned clients of process, encouraging clients to respond to survey information in a timely manner, participating in follow-up discussions and developing action plans to address any negative comments.
- Responsible for tracking and coordinating the resolution of customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, the overall management of the client relationship and client retention activities.
- Recreates client issues in test environment
- Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to responding to daily Client-centric activities.
- Manages and communicates expectations internally and externally.
- Manages the service component of the client relationship.
- Educates clients on various FIS processes and procedures assisting with awareness, navigation and self-help
- Conducts regularly scheduled status calls with client to discuss important key service topics, to review projects in clients queue and to discuss available service offerings.
- Provides oversight on commitment requests including setting up commitment in system, participating in project kickoffs to ensure understanding of project expectations and scope, ensures proper resources are assigned, monitors target dates and ensures billing is accurate and on time.
- May work at an FIS or a client location.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.