Channel Director - SIs at CircleCI
As Channel Director - SIs, you’ll work with global and regional systems integrators and value-added resellers to establish CircleCI as the top CI/CD platform supporting their efforts to help customers modernize their software value chain and achieve digital transformation goals. The Channel Director - SIs role will be responsible for developing and managing high-value relationships with global and regional systems integrator and value-added reseller partners. You will develop joint go-to-market strategies that improve customer experiences and generate opportunities for our revenue team within mid-market to enterprise. The Channel Director - SIs role reports directly to the VP Business & Corporate Development.
This role will lead efforts to establish global and regional SIs and Value-Added Reseller partner relationships, developing and executing successful sell-through and sell-with strategies with them. You will serve as the primary liaison between these partners and internal CircleCI teams including revenue, marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, services, support, and education. This role you will establish a common vision with our partners, develop and execute joint business plans, and build key executive relationships required to support the plan and grow CircleCI’s leadership position in the industry. The position will be located remotely.About Business Development at CircleCI
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving strategic programs to help grow CircleCI globally. The team works to build long-term relationships with technology companies, open-source developers, and service providers that drive mutual value and increase the value of CircleCI for new and existing customers. Working closely with all CircleCI functional areas (engineering, product management, marketing, sales, customer success, finance) and key internal and external partners, the team defines a go-to-market approach, creates deep and lasting partnerships, and develops processes to systematize and expand those efforts.What you'll do:
- Develop vision and strategy to create and grow partnerships with global and regional SIs and Value-added Resellers, garnering support to successfully execute the plans across CircleCI functional teams
- Create and nurture relationships with SIs and VARs, ensuring alignment on vision, goals, and outcomes of the partnerships
- Develop annual and quarterly objectives and key results for CircleCI’s SI and VAR partnerships and achieve those results
- Maintain consistent and ongoing communications with SI and VAR partners and within CircleCI, with periodic reviews measuring and reporting performance against goals
- Lead development and oversee execution of joint go-to-market activities with these partners, with ownership internally to ensure the necessary collaboration and execution across CircleCI functional teams
- Work closely with CircleCI’s regional teams to develop and execute regional strategic partner strategies and joint go-to-market plans
- Build awareness and inbound interest for CircleCI offerings through active participation in our strategic partners’ partner programs and within their partner ecosystems
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to drive the creation and execution of sales and marketing content that build CircleCI’s best-of-breed reputation, and demand generation programs and campaigns that drive partner-related revenue
- Help develop practices, processes, and systems that enable scale and support CircleCI’s rapid growth
To succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who is highly motivated and able to work independently, with demonstrated expertise as follows:
- 8+ years of experience in the software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- Ability to develop, negotiate, and implement strategic plans that drive CircleCI and partner business success
- Experience developing and successfully achieving annual and quarterly objectives and key results in an alliances or business development role
- Experience developing SI or VAR partnerships and joint go-to-market initiatives for a SaaS platform
- Experience enabling sales teams for successful co-selling with partners
- Well-versed and knowledgeable of industry trends important to modern software delivery and cloud-native computing
- Experience motivating, leading, developing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong relationships within global and/or regional SIs strongly preferred
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.