Business Unit Leader – Healthcare Industry
The Business Unit Leader will be responsible for the growth and operational efficiencies of all the activities that support our clients within the Healthcare industry. Responsibilities include P&L ownership (top-line growth and bottom-line expansion), customer satisfaction, and cross-departmental operational improvements. The Business Unit Leader will provide strong daily leadership to a cross-functional team and process rigor for a standardized excellent customer experience. The Business Unit Leader will work closely with the executive leadership team to ensure strategic objectives and initiatives are achieved.
Our Vision is to become the largest and most loved corporate housing company in the U.S. and the Business Unit Leader is key to helping us achieve that.
- Establish annual and monthly objectives for revenue and profitability (P&L responsibility)
- As some of our largest customers support the Healthcare Industry, the GM must ensure that his/her team over delivers in customer satisfaction
- Manage a cross-functional team of Territory Managers (Operations) and Account Managers (Sales/Customer Support) to ensure objectives are achieved
- Work cross-departmentally with other leaders to ensure client expectations are being met (e.g. Accounting, Customer Service, Operations, Technology, Sales, and Marketing)
- Recruit, retain, and manage 6-8 associates (directly or indirectly)
- Document, establish, and improve policies and procedures to drive scalability and effectiveness in the department
- Work cross-vertical with other Business Unit Leaders to share best practices and improvements that may benefit the larger organization
- Present Quarterly Business Reviews with top clients
- Track and report on team’s success ensuring people are held accountable to their goals
- Self-driven: can exceed goals under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills in a matrixed organization
- Balanced between strategic and tactical: must be able to think ahead and keep the bigger picture in mind, while ensuring smooth running of the day to day operations of the department
- 5+ years of related work experience with customer delivery and success
- 3+ years of leadership/operations management experience
- 3+ years of process improvement experience
- BS/BA in Management or related field
- MBA preferred
- Experience in start-up or rapidly growing organizations is a strong plus
What we provide
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
- A healthy work/life balance