Business Solutions Engineer Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
- Interprets client and market needs, assesses the full business requirements and business architecture and identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Collaborates with senior-level clients, product management and technical architects to develop, enhance and implement the business architecture for complex business solutions to support specific client requirements and address market opportunities.
- Participates in management reviews, including presenting and interpreting business requirements and results of business analyses, summarizing conclusions, and recommending a course of action.
- Interfaces with all areas of the client and internal enterprises affected by the project including strategic planning, product management, product development, technology services and client services to ensure the client’s expectations and market requirements are met.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise business systems.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and business process designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Negotiates with and influences both the solutions architects and external clients to achieve a business solution that meets client expectations and market requirements.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates business architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Identifies and incorporate business process improvements for increased efficiency and enhanced client experience into new solutions.
- Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired.
- Requires eighteen or more years systems development, solutions implementation and/or consulting experience.
- Recognized by peer group and external clients as a subject matter expert (SME) in appropriate product line(s)
- Must have led or participated in defining and implementing business solutions for multiple projects in software development and client implementations
- Five or more years working in the product line(s) as a business systems analyst at a senior or specialist level
- In-depth knowledge and expertise of the assigned product line(s) area and related business
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry practices, regulations and processes
- In-depth knowledge of process taxonomy and flow of a specific client organization and/or the overall market
- Working knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., iterative, waterfall, and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in defining and implementing an overall solution and expertise in the business architecture
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in business process development, documentation and re-engineering
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- Excellent organization, team-building, negotiation, conflict management, project management and time management skills
- Requires long-term vision and executive presence
- Strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making processes and decisions related to job tasks
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Proven success in building relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to travel frequently
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.