Business Intelligence Analyst
About the Team
The Business Intelligence team seeks to support Sovrn growth by providing timely and actionable insights to help the organization understand business drivers and performance. Our goal is to examine the business at different levels, be innovative in the way we look at our business, to be curious about industry trends, and improve our effectiveness in our mission to help publishers do more of what they want to do and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
You’ll work closely with the manager and stakeholders to provide data and insights on current priorities and projects. You’ll help the organization to understand business drivers by deriving insights and trends from existing data - all while maintaining a curiosity to learn about the business as well as searching for opportunities for efficiency and optimization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage daily and weekly reporting as the business tracks towards plan targets.
- Provide core business analytics such as acquisition and retention metrics.
- Work with the sales team to manage pipeline forecasting and metrics, preparing reporting and providing additional analysis as required.
- Dive into observed trends, research, and provide a concise “story” to explain trends.
- Work with Salesforce team to develop, clean and distribute leads.
- Proactively think about new ways to approach and present data.
- Work towards optimizing processes.
You are driven, curious, and are passionate to learn. You have experience and confidence in using Excel. Big data sets and numbers don’t intimidate you. We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to their work.
The successful candidate will have:
- An aptitude and eagerness for working in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- The ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions of the organization. We’re looking for someone who can work with stakeholders and managers across the organization.
- 0-2 years in an FP&A, business analytics, or data analytics role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- A curiosity in learning and understanding trends in data and the competitive landscape.
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Operations.
- You love making processes easier and more efficient. Work smarter.
- You love technology and think what we’re doing is cool.
- You have a keen sense for balancing pragmatism and perfection.
- You’re curious and will dig deeper to find an answer to a trend you’re seeing.
- You’ll do what it takes to learn something new that interests you.
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t