Business Development - Strategic Accounts at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 24, 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a business development manager focused on strategic accounts you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships that will help grow the Pie business. The role is accountable for the identification and development of new strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to come into a technology company and help build a new part of our business.
How You’ll Do It
To date, Pie has built our business working directly with small business owners and with insurance agencies, brokers, and wholesales. We are now ready for our next chapter in our company and this will come through strategic partnerships. As our strategic partnerships business development manager, you will have the opportunity to create a network of partnerships that will drive our business. These partnerships will be with organizations who are close to the small business owners that are in need of workers compensation insurance. This could include companies in all different industires to include; financial, fintech, traveltech, payroll, technology, and retail. You will identify partnership opportunities and work with C-level employees to identify a winning value proposition both for Pie and the partner organization.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with the Pie policyholder services, underwriting, marketing and development teams to develop, manage, and drive distribution partner premium generation.
- Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.· Represent Pie in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Prospect, on-board, and train new distribution partners and agents.
- Use Saleforce.com to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
- Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
The Right Stuff
- Six (6) + years’ experience in a sales role with at least 2 years in Workers Compensation.
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners
- Experience successfully developing and managing national accounts, whether payroll partners; national digital, wholesale or retail agencies; or other strategic partners that have the opportunity to provide a national presence.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.· Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Company professionally, both internally and externally.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding