Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Business Development Sales Manager is responsible for innovating and leading acquisition, management and the overall partner experience to ensure substantial and profitable growth through our BDM team. This role will manage the Business Development Managers, set and communicate performance targets and provide coaching and training to team members.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work in the United States once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You'll Do It:
- Overall Management of the BDM Team:
- Conduct team meetings/1x1s and provide day to day support/guidance as needed to BD team members.
- Holds regular business meetings with team members to communicate information and solicit input.
- Provide coaching and assistance to help direct reports meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Conduct interviews and make hiring decisions as needed to scale the team in an efficient manner.
- Present solutions to challenges the team may face and escalate accordingly within the BD team or interdepartmentally if needed.
- Mentor, develop and grow team members for future needs and operational excellence.
- Communicates feedback on a timely basis to team members on strengths and areas of opportunities.
- Manage staff workload and responsibilities. Ensure adherence to deadlines while maintaining high quality work product and thorough documentation within our CRM.
- Facilitates new hire training by ensuring employees know about and are enrolled in all applicable instructions to position them for success in the job.
- Owns and Drives Results of the BDM Team:
- Communicate and set BD strategies to direct reports and ensure alignment between the work BD team is doing and the team's OKRs.
- Identify and execute best practices around strategically planning with partners.
- Establish and oversee team activities that drive results while keeping scalability in mind.
- Assist in developing territories, quotas, and goals for the sales team.
- Assist in developing and own the execution of team performance against KPIs.
- Tracking and Reporting Performance Metrics & Industry Trends:
- Pull and analyze reports that are used to update and clarify direct reports' day to day activity goals to meet the monthly: Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement and Premium goals.
- Monitor and report progress on the department's OKRs quarterly.
- Provide Ad Hoc reporting and data to BD leadership team as requested.
- Maintain industry insights or trends that directly impact the business decisions.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Strategic Process Improvement:
- Assist Dir. BD in building & designing BD strategies, communicating to direct reports and ensuring alignment between the work BD team is doing and the team's OKRs , including continued building of best practices to exceed the team's KPIs.
- Strategic thinking to analyze sales statistics and identify areas of improvement.
- Assist in the constant improvement and scalability of the BD team(s).
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Executives to make recommendations for improvements for our products and services.
- Other projects and duties as required.
The Right Stuff
- A High school diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-years professional sales experience within the insurance industry or related field.
- A minimum of 3-years sales management experience or leading others required.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Advanced problem solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- Advanced leadership skills with experience leading large or technical teams through complex deliverables. Ability to make hiring, performance coaching and firing decisions. Hold others accountable, Ability to motivate others.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office machines.
- Salesforce, Looker, and Zoom preferred.
- Advanced sales skills with a previous consistent track record in achieving/exceeding targets in a closing role; relevant experience in developing new business relationships, overcoming objectives, and presenting sales solutions/products to new clients.
- Demonstrated skill and strong knowledge of structuring and negotiating commercial or insurance agreements.
- Developed ability to plan and execute strategically.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $125,000 - $141,900
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The OTE is approximately $215,000, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.