Business Development Representative at Rachio
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved *billions* of gallons of water - and counting.About This Opportunity
Rachio seeks a talented and creative Business Development Representative to grow our Utility sales channel. Our Utility partnerships are extremely important to Rachio; they set the tone for water conservation and water efficiency in communities across America. In this role, you will connect with new Utilities to understand their goals and provide solutions that meet their needs. You will generate this new business by connecting with prospects, answering client queries, and serving as a Rachio brand ambassador at sales events. This is a unique opportunity to serve as an integral part of Rachio’s strategic growth and help conserve water.What You’ll Do
- Find leads and create outreach efforts to prospective clients via email, LinkedIn, and phone calls.
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Utility to drive growth through key partnerships.
- Schedule demos to showcase Rachio’s unique offerings for utility partners.
- Partner with the Marketing team to educate prospective clients on what sets Rachio apart from competitors.
- Be an expert on the Rachio brand and position as a category leader through key external partnerships.
- Attend in-person and virtual Utility events where we educate potential clients on how Rachio can help them with their water conservation & efficiency goals.
- Assist with monthly reporting for clients.
- You have 1+ year of relevant work experience
- You love working with customers and consistently providing them with a delightful experience
- You strive to deliver high quality work and go above and beyond what is expected of you
- You find yourself coming up with ideas instead of being told what to do
- You tackle problems head on and enjoy working both independently and cross-functionally
- You have stellar communication and collaboration skills
- This is a remote position
- Some travel will be required for sales events
- The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $70,000
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents, based on company sponsored plans.
- Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Optional benefits include: short term disability & long term disability, pet insurance, and more!
- Time Off: Unlimited PTO, 10 paid sick days per year, and paid Parental Leave
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid Travel: Rachio is a remote company, headquartered in Denver, CO. We host company events with paid travel to & from Denver
- Professional Development: Employees receive an annual stipend to put towards furthering their education and career growth
- Work From Home: Employees receive a monthly stipend to put towards enhancing their remote work experience
- Relaxed dress code: Wear what makes you feel most comfortable working at Rachio
- Start with Empathy: We listen with the intent to understand, not simply to respond. We assume positive intent, and remember that at the end of the day we are all human and on the same team.
- Fail Strategically: We view the unknown as an opportunity to learn and therefore grow. We encourage and support each other in taking risks and testing the status quo. We bias towards action, look for early feedback, and take the time to openly share learnings with the team.
- Participate & Commit: We believe that the best decisions are made when we show up fully. We challenge assumptions, discuss the data, and ask the hard questions. Decision-makers protect the time to collaboratively explore and welcome wild and unconventional ideas. In the end, everyone may not agree with the final decision, but they feel heard and are committed to the path forward.
- Delight to Sustain: We believe that our customers don't have to compromise to be sustainable. Our first priority is to provide a delightful experience that adds value to their lives while creating a better future for our planet.
- Please apply via our careers page
- A cover letter is required
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.