Business Development Representative at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
How You’ll Do It
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Pie, you will be calling potential partners, setting appointments for our Business Development Managers, and maintaining our partner lead and prospect systems. You should have a minimum of 6 months’ experience in the workforce and a history of collaborating and supporting team members.
This position is geared toward self-starters who are highly driven individuals. This role is right for those who are not afraid to make cold calls and establish the relationships necessary for generating our partner business. As a BDR, we expect you to have a lasting impact on our team as you identify, research, and engage with new partners to help grow our distribution network.
This position is based out of our Denver office (However, we are currently hiring and training remotely due to COVID-19) and will report to the Director of Business Development.
The Right Stuff
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 6 months of working experience (especially prospecting experience) is preferred, but not required.
- Call on average 60+ outbound new leads to potential partners daily.
- Qualify prospects through a series of questions to understand their business needs.
- Schedule and set-up meetings between potential partners and our Business Development Managers.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation Time
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with an onsite
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding