Excited by the opportunity to build relationships with some of the best up-and-coming founders and coolest new software tools in the tech space? We want to hear from you!
Based on experience, $60,000 - $75,000 (uncapped commission) + equity
Who We Are
We power software that makes the world more productive! Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Scaleup, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell.
To learn more about our inclusive culture, our company values, and our Remote-First philosophy, check out our careers page!
Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably (2021 Best Sales Team Award + more) and Great Place to Work!
What You’ll Do
- Outbound sales and daily prospecting
- Hitting and exceeding quota goals provided to you
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling.
- Creating relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interest and viability to drive sales
- Moving solid leads through the top of the funnel, connecting them to a account executive, and arranging an in-person/video conferencing meeting, LinkedIn inMail, social media
- 50+ cold calls daily
- Document and follow daily activities and process/best practice
- Collaborating with account executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met
What You'll Bring
- Experience working with Salesforce, Outreach, Salesloft and Gong
- Proven ability to hit quota goals
- Experience making 50+ cold calls daily
- Willingness to learn a moderately complex technology and how to demonstrate that technology to prospective clients and describe key value points
- A thoughtful researcher who can identify opportunities with ideal customer profiles and prospects by leveraging the internet and other company provided tools
- A thoughtful writer who sends well written, concise communication to prospects
- A keen listener who is highly curious and willing to ask as many questions as it takes to understand the prospects business needs and challenges
- An individual who over-prepares for each client interaction and who also aims to prepare anyone that will interact with a potential prospect they have uncovered so they can execute on highly effective meetings
- A true people person, who loves to be out in the field meeting people and creating relationships. An ambassador for our company and brand.
- Someone who is passionate about understanding your prospect’s business challenges and finding a fit with our product in achieving their business goals
- Someone who embraces the use of sales productivity tools to manage themselves and their output volumes to the highest level of efficiency including salesforce.com administration, cadence creation and follow up, LinkedIn navigation and more
- A community builder who participates in industry events, joins software clubs and associations and gives back whenever possible to the software community
- And last but not least, Persistence. Everyone is busy, don’t mistake their lack of responsiveness for a lack of need for the Nylas platform. Your job is to create that consistent touch and thoughtful relationship development. They will thank you for it later.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
- 2021 Best Teams: Sales (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company for Career Growth (Comparably)
- 2021 Best Company Leadership (Comparably)
- 2021 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
- 2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
- 2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description