Business Development Representative at Convercent
You will be a Business Development Representative (BDR) on the Revenue Team and play a critical role in the revenue organization. The Business Development Representative is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities within your strategic accounts. This role manages the outbound campaigns to targeted individuals and through diligent prospecting, works to create engagements for new meetings. The BDR position is great for individuals who want to develop their sales skillset. You will be collaborating closely with Convercent Account Executives (AEs) and marketing. This role is vital to Convercent’s aggressive growth goals, so your growth mind attitude, competitive spirit and problem-solving nature will be required every day.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with your Account Executive to identify new opportunities within target accounts.
- Achieve, and exceeding, weekly/monthly targets for pipeline generated and new opportunities.
- Manage your territory efficiently and effectively: identify buyer personas and align sequences to persona, develop phone conversation skills, understand your audience, position Convercent’s value, and overcome objections.
- Prepare effectively for your daily calls to support greater success
- Discovery new leads through Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg, ZoomInfo and web research.
- Collaborate with sales team to build strategy and maximize productivity and pipeline creation in your territory.
- Work closely with your Manager and Account Executive to support your calling efforts, by leveraging campaign leads, campaign messaging, and cold call lists to improve your productivity
- Solve problems.
- Increase your business acumen and develop your sales skill in Convercent’s value framework.
- GRIT – IQ & EQ – Work harder and work smarter
- “No” doesn’t stop you. It challenges you. It makes you curious to think of ways to get the “yes”
- Competitive, internal motivation, tenacity are your strongest attributes
- Naturally think on your feet in a conversation and hold a business-oriented conversation
- Strong passion for sales
- Growth mindset
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, challenging, and high energy environment
- Time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Convercent’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Convercent story and understand what makes us unique.
- Participate in our 3-week BDR Bootcamp, where you will learn the industry, our value framework, our software and all the skills necessary to set you up for success, allowing you to make an impact quickly.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the Convercent team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Begin leveraging outreach, hitting your daily activities in your strategic accounts – cold calling, emailing, LinkedIn, etc.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have a strong understanding of Convercent and feel comfortable pitching Convercent’s value to prospects
- Meet regularly with your assigned Account Executives, Manager, and peers to become an expert on the industry, product, talk track, objection handling and prospecting
- Continue your education around Convercent’s unique differentiators and continue to strengthen your business acumen
- Consistently achieve your activity goals
- Become an expert on internal tools and processes
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Consistently meet or exceed your quota
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
- Identify areas of improvement
- Contribute in team meetings
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be a trusted business-advisor and Convercent expert, making a significant impact on the Revenue Organization
- Be a top-performing BDR on the team by consistently exceeding your goals
- Work with sales and marketing to help create new campaigns to drive pipeline
- Set an example for new BDRs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating
- Identify career path to work towards and develop career progression plan with your manager in the Convercent model
- Be viewed as a leader on the BDR team
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.