Business Development Representative at Travelers Haven
As a business development representative, you will be responsible for generating and facilitating sales for Travelers Haven. You will be involved in initiating contact with potential customers through all methods of communication, including but not limited to calls and emails, known as outbound activities. Your objective is to identify the potential needs of the customer, qualify their interest and viability to create a relationship that will help drive the sale and long-term success with Travelers Haven.
BDRs will arrange meetings through communication, such as an email follow-up or a phone call and their objective is to effectively and efficiently connect potential customers to sales staff. Their duties also involve following up with people who expressed interest but have not purchased goods or services. Ultimately, they aim to expand the “top of the funnel” and future customer base for Travelers Haven.
- Identify, source and build prospect lists
- Contact potential clients through calls and emails, text messages
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales staff
- Report to Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Strong communication skills so that they can effectively interact with potential customers and sales staff.
- Teamwork skills to ensure that they work as an effective part of the sales team.
- Customer service skills are important since the success of their role depends on meeting customer needs.
- Analytical skills can be crucial because they can help them determine which products will be most suited to the customer's needs and identify the salesperson who is most knowledgeable about those products.
- Time management skills so that they can meet outreach targets and respond to queries as efficiently as possible.
Required Education & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.