Are you ready to hit the ground running in one of the fastest growing markets in the country? Do you have the drive/grit/determination to be the best at what you do day in/day out? If this is you, we want to speak with you immediately regarding an opening in our Business Development Team. Wurk is the cannabis industry’s premier all-in-one workforce management solution. We have worked tirelessly over the past 5 years to create a robust system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, while streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk for our clients. We ensure cannabis companies can accurately, safely, and consistently pay their employees across the country without fear every time.
As a BDR, you will be the first conversation with inbound and outbound prospects and potential clients. From the first phone call or email, you will be gathering information regarding prospects needs, current solutions, pain points, growth plans, and desires. You will actively chase/hunt new clients by scrubbing all cannabis related resources and databases to find new leads, planning trade show events/meetings, and targeting campaigns. While the cannabis industry is growing rapidly, rapport and reputation are key for lasting relationships and long-term clients. Top BDR candidates will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong rapport with clients while conveying the Wurk solutions offerings in a short time. Must be extremely competitive with the drive to collaborate and support our rock star Account Executives on the Sales Team, and truly control your earnings with uncapped commissions.
What you’ll need to accomplish:
- Be the first contact and interaction with prospects through inbound and outbound channels
- Extensively research companies, events, news articles, social media platforms, etc. for relevant leads and new prospects
- Establish rapport during initial conversations while positioning the Wurk solution appropriately
- Work closely with Account Executives, Marketing, and Partnership Teams to leverage communication channels, outreach, and prospecting cadences
- Identify key decision-makers in organizations to ensure multi-threading with prospects across internal divisions
- Identify and target prospects for Team Members attending Trade Shows/Events/Openings etc., to maximize face to face interactions with C-Level executives
- Work closely with the Marketing/Partnership Team to leverage memberships and existing relationships in new and emerging market segments and establish brand presence
- Constantly thinking of new ideas and strategies, whatever it takes to get in the door and set the meeting
- Manage a constantly evolving database of leads in Salesforce and HubSpot, efficiently processing all pre-sales functions prior to handoff with Account Executive
- Qualify, quantify, track and report on both inbound and outbound prospecting efforts and their results
- Maintain a HIGH-Level of professionalism and respect in all interactions and communications both internally and externally that reflect company values and mission
- Some travel and/or trade shows may be required as needed, less than 15% annually
What you’ll need to have:
- Previous work or internship in a business development/lead generation capacity
- Excellent Time Management skills and attention to detail
- Driven by uncapped earning potential and desire to exceed quotas regularly
- Excellent collaborative and team working ability, we are a small but passionate team
- Flexible schedule to accommodate National prospect Time Zones
- Prior work within HR/Payroll, Cannabis, or software sales preferred
- Cannabis experience, knowledge, reform, or passion a plus
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Salesforce CRM
- Video Conferencing Tools
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Social Media Platforms
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of the largest cannabis software companies in the industry.
- Be rewarded and recognized for you accomplishments, with career path opportunities.
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark.
- Do you love dogs? Perfect, we are dog-friendly workplace!
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment.
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events.
- Eligible to receive equity in Company.
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment.
Type: This position is Full-Time Exempt and based out of our Denver, CO Office
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Commission Earnings
We will not be facilitating any type of relocation assistance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.