Business Development Representative
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
As a BDR, you will act as the first contact for many prospects with the objective of assisting our sales team in selling products and services. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and cultivating relationships with potential customers and selling the Wurk value proposition. Successful BDRs will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships and sell products in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly competitive with the ability to collaborate in a team environment; possessing strong interpersonal and communicative skills, both verbal and written.
What you’ll need to accomplish:
- Act as the first contact for prospects with the objective of assisting our sales team in selling products and services
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to communicate with prospects following campaigns, events, conferences, and seminars
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that our prospective customers face and effectively communicate findings to the Marketing and Sales Team
- Identify key decision-makers in organizations
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for Wurk’s suite of products and solutions
- Build relationships with prospects and identify highly qualified opportunities to grow new business
- Bring your ideas and strategies to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Manage a database of leads in Salesforce, efficiently processing all opportunities, tracking, reporting and maintaining them until they are established in the sales pipeline
- Some travel may be required but expect less than 10%
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience working within a professional business environment
- Experience as a BDR or in a cold-calling sales environment
- Background in Lead Generation
- Experience in Marketing is a plus
- Experience in HRIS + Payroll Solutions is a plus
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Salesforce CRM
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market.
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark.
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!).
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment.
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events.
- Cell Phone Reimbursement.
- Eligible to receive equity in Company.
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment.
Hours: Full-time (30-40 hours/week)
Schedule: 8am - 5pm, 1 hour lunch
Compensation: Base + Uncapped commission
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market, we will not be facilitating any type of relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.