Skupos is the data platform on a mission to revolutionize the convenience retail industry. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and automates the inventory and ordering process. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from data. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
As a Business Development Representative for Skupos, you will serve as the front-line in prospect outreach and play a vital role in helping reach our aggressive growth goals. You will partner with our Account Executive and Marketing teams to utilize Salesforce and other marketing automation efforts to identify, contact and qualify opportunities to grow our sales pipeline.
This role will encompass research, cold calling, collaboration, time management, pipeline development and serve as an opportunity to learn and develop your business development skills with the goal of moving to the next level of B2B sales.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Consulting with small businesses to understand their needs and helping them digitize their operations
- Cold calling & warm calling through your provided lead mix to generate business
- Working with a tight-knit team of developers, marketers, customer success managers, to build out a new product category
- Relaying customer feedback to the product team to help improve our platform
- Learning every day and having a ton of fun doing it
- Keep accurate records in our Salesforce CRM
- 1+ years of experience working in sales, marketing, or customer success
- Commitment to pursuing a sales career
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise SaaS sales
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience carrying a quota
- You are driven and ambitious
- You love to win and are motivated by your own success
- You are able to multitask
- A genuine interest in Sales as a profession and a commitment to continuous improvement
- If you've had a sales role previously, you have shown the ability to consistently perform, while demonstrating a competitive spirit and accountability
Perks of Working With Us:
- Uncapped commission
- On-going training and leadership development opportunities
- Annual sales incentive trips
- Be an integral part of a fast growing start-up
What We Offer
• Competitive salary
• Equity ownership
• Paid family leave
• Flexible time off, including 11 paid holidays
• Comprehensive healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life Insurance)
• Commuter benefits
• Play a major role in a strong, small and growing product and technology team
• Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
• People First Culture (working together with bright, creative teammates to drive ambitious projects)
• Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
• Forbes Best Startup Employer
We are a company dedicated to helping convenience stores grow their business by better managing operations, and giving their suppliers tools to drive efficiencies into the supply chain. Skupos allows single-store operators, and Fortune 100 distributors alike to streamline their workflow and revolutionize a brick-and-mortar industry.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, our mission is to bring the convenience store industry into the digital age by making it easy for everyone to manage, explore, and understand the data that drives their operations.
At Skupos, we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We're looking for people who are not afraid to learn fast and iterate quickly. Come join us!
Read Full Job Description