Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for calling on new and existing healthcare-related suppliers or providers to sell eCommerce solutions. The role will identify and qualify opportunities, conduct product presentations, and close sales to deliver results within stated business, financial and prospect objectives.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Develops a new business funnel through lead generation, prospecting, networking, qualification and closing sales opportunities to achieve annual sales quota.
- Makes and fields calls from suppliers and or providers for the purpose of conducting sales presentations primarily via phone and internet to key decision-makers.
- Manages sales funnel and progresses against quota by ensuring pipeline is at a multiple revenue target level, and forecasting accuracy is within an acceptable range as established by GHX guidelines.
- Prepares well written professional business proposals and price quotes.
- Works with outside sales and the GHX Marketing Department to cross-pollinate sales opportunities with these groups.
- Maintains a fluent understanding of all GHX solutions, eHealthcare market trends, healthcare supply chain, and competitive activities.
- Tracks the results of all sales / sales methodology activities in the GHX CRM tool.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Healthcare Supply-Chain experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas in inside sales, with experience cold calling customers (OR) 1 year experience as a business analyst for a healthcare firm / company.
- Exceptional people skills that allow the ability to work with cross-functional teams and personnel at varying levels of GHX and customer organizations.
- Self-driven, hunter mentality with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Strong judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Superior organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and presentation skills (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to travel as required to travel annual tradeshow events, training sessions and annual meetings. In addition, must be able to travel 1-3 client visits per quarter.
- Accurately tracks and reports daily sales activities within Salesforce.com to accurately forecast deals.
- Develops solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the business applications.
- Continually trains and develops knowledge of new technologies, industry expertise and selling points.
- Acquires and integrates industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies and competitors.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Previous ERP sales, technology or healthcare supply chain sales highly desired
- Ability to articulate and sell a complex solution
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com and CRM applications