Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
As a Business Development Representative at Hotel Engine you will work closely with Account Executives and our marketing team to identify qualified future customers for Hotel Engine. You will hold a pivotal role in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Through your persistence, determination, and creativity, your success will directly impact Hotel Engine's mission to be the best corporate booking website out there. You will play a pivotal role in furthering the development of Hotel Engine’s marketing and sales organization. Not only will you generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the company, but success in this role will help advance your sales career to an Account Executive or Account Management position.
Here's what you'll do:
- Understand and convey Hotel Engine’s mission, value proposition, and product to future customers
- Increase revenue through inbound activities, including calls, chat and email
- Develop a strategy to optimize and manage a pipeline utilizing Salesforce
- Partner with Account Executives to schedule calls and demonstrations
- Meet specific metrics to help achieve increased conversion rates on inbound leads
- Maintain a clean and organized pipeline
- Become an expert on Hotel Engine’s product; staying up to date as our offering evolves
Here's what we're looking for:
- Eager to learn sales practices and processes. A strong desire to advance their sales career; open to coaching and feedback
- Excited to grow and develop a sales pipeline, a go-getter attitude who wants to develop new and innovative workflows
- Exceptional time management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
- Transparent, humble, and hungry to collaborate with their team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in sales, preferably in or the tech space is a plus!
- SaaS/cloud experience, Salesforce experience, experience with sales outreach programs is a plus!
- Prior exposure to a CRM tool is a plus!
- The base pay for this role is $19.23/hour + is eligible for commissions.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.