Business Development Manager at Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media is changing the active lifestyle media industry. The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing Pocket Outdoor Media’s Business Development function on a day-to-day basis and growing the business through bundle and bulk sales of Active Pass, our exclusive membership platform, as well as through fostering content, traffic, and product partnerships.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Affairs and is based in Boulder, CO.Responsibilities
- Source, negotiate, implement, monitor, and transition strategic partnerships
- Facilitate partnerships that drive Active Pass Bundle sales, Active Pass Bulk Sales, content, traffic, or product
- Establish, nurture, and manage key relationships towards mutually beneficial outcomes
- Seek out new opportunities to grow the business
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
- Engage clients, selling the merits of our brands, and quickly evaluate incoming requests for partnership
- Passionate about the active lifestyle industry
- Ability to travel 20%
- Demonstrated history of sourcing and negotiating business development strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, or management consulting
- Ability to handle data analysis (financial models a plus)
- In-depth understanding of the active lifestyle media’s competitive landscape, as well as strong strategic and brand sensibilities
- Ability to handle internal strategic requirements, market research, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell
- MBA or JD preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Results-oriented: Knows what it takes to produce a successful outcome. Ability to execute mission and strategy to obtain goals.
- Partnering (Internal/External): Builds rapport. Creatures, fosters, and expands relationships within the company and with partners.
- Strategic thinking and planning: Focuses on the analysis of critical factors and variables that will influence the long-term success of a business. Approaches challenges with foresight and methodical action.
- Taking charge: Assumes responsibility for business development goals and seeks out ambitious projects confidently.
- Industry knowledge: Media, publishing, active lifestyle industry knowledge.
- Relationship management: Demonstrated customer relationship management skills through effective listening, questioning, understanding, being patient with clients, balancing open dialog, and building trust.
- Negotiation Skills: Experience negotiating large agreements
- Strategic thinking: Ability to develop business strategies and solve complex problems
- Deal sourcing: Recognize, retain, and grow strategic partnerships. Apply industry-specific knowledge to market products offered by POM.
- Communication skills: Impeccable communication (written and verbal) and sales presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial/Competitive Spirit: Passionate about inspiring active participants. Optimistic about the possibilities. Questions how it can be done better. Takes calculated risks. Gets things done.