Business Development Manager at Matillion
- Help define and execute Matillion’s global Consulting Partner strategy.
- Integrate into existing partner sales training and programs.
- Foster relationships with key BD/sales stakeholders and executives at partner organization.
- Manage shared/funded marketing programs with Consulting partners and attend joint events and technical sessions.
- Establish and orchestrate co-selling programs between Matillion’s and the Consulting partner’s sales teams.
- Embeds benefits from project inception, ensuring these are evolved and rationalised throughout project progression.
- Ensure that projects deliver optimum cost/benefit solutions and success criteria agreed.
- Cultivating and building strong relationships with partners and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Sales enablement and training, ensuring partners are proficient in our product and offering when presenting Matillion.
- Manage business rhythm with partner’s BD/sales organizations, implement scorecards and KPIs, and track goal achievement.
- Implement internal tracking, create dashboards and regular business reports to the Matillion leadership team and direct report.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience 3+ years of experience in program management, partner development and/or channel sales roles in the business technology market.
- Experience building global GTM initiatives with strategic and SI partners.
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while also driving rapid execution including personally contributing to key deliverables.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with attention to detailEnjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience working within enterprise software development industry.
- Solid understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model
- Willingness to travel (~35%).
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Desirable
- 5+ years of partner programs experience at an enterprise software (or Cloud) company and experience with partner programs.
- -Strong ability to sell cloud solutions with and through partners.
- Experience in transition channel models to include cloud/SaaS.
- Strong leadership skills in driving global business planning, initiatives and adoption into the regions.
- Impeccable execution on plans and a significant bias towards measuring impact.
- Marketing background/experience a plus.
- Experience working with or for AWS, Google, Microsoft or Snowflake
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Strong Sales abilities and proven direct sales abilities.
- Works well as a team Professional and has a good technical knowledge of the cloud and IT
- Passionate about partners with a drive to achieve quick results.
- Passion for technology combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for customer satisfaction.
- Capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful, fast-paced global startup organization.