Business Development Manager - WANs at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This role will support the Product Management effort for the Zayo Wide Area Networks / SD-WAN product line and will be charged with growing the contribution of the product group to the broader business. SD-WAN is forecasted to be a $1.3B market by 2020 and is changing the way enterprise customers architect their networks. We are looking for ambitious, independent Business Development professionals looking to “disrupt” the telecommunications industry by delivering unique, technology-focused product solutions.
The Business Development Manager will operate as a subject matter expert on Zayo’s WAN and SD-WAN solutions. This individual will have a responsibility for identifying opportunities and creating the channels through which sales teams will increase WAN / SD-WAN revenue growth and supporting sales teams in deal pursuit.
Complex Deal and Pursuit Support – Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of WAN / SD-WAN solutions. Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce.com.
Drive Sales Results - Directly engaging the field sales teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from opportunity identification through close. Through these efforts, this role will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter for assigned vertical(s).
Sales Enablement and Training – BDM will operate as a subject matter expert on the WAN / SD-WAN solution and have a deep knowledge of market dynamics, addressable market and dynamics. BDM is tasked with enabling sales team engagement through education, lead targeting, and other tools and methods needed to support the team in achieving assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiators and value proposition.
- Provide market intelligence on assigned vertical(s)
- Engage sales teams with targeted leads for assigned mega-verticals
- Support closing WAN / SD-WAN opportunities, working with Solutions Engineers and Sales teams.
- Enable sales teams in partnership with product marketing via various methodologies and channels
- A self-starter, able to dive in and affect positive change given moderate oversight and direction
- Operate as an expert in the WAN / SD-WAN solutions product set, as well as an evangelist for the brand, both internally and externally
- Minimum 3+ years product management, business development, account management, or sales engineering experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, marketing, finance, economics or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of WAN, SD-WAN and Cloud fundamentals.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave