Business Development Manager, Northeast at Pie Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
How You’ll Do It
A majority of Pie’s future premium is expected to come from distribution partners such as payroll companies, wholesale agents, and retail agents. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
This role reports into our Denver office, but will be based in the Northeast region and requires working knowledge and familiarity of the Northeastern US market. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a leader first and foremost and then executor. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is a senior professional role requiring 6+ years of total working experience. We expect you’ll have a minimum of 2 years experience in workers' compensation or other commercial insurance lines, in addition to 1 year experience working for a carrier, wholesaler or MGA in a regional Partner Management capacity. You will have spent enough time in the commercial insurance partner network to make an immediate impact day one.
They Day to Day
- Collaborate with the Pie policyholder services, underwriting, marketing and development teams to develop, manage, and drive distribution partner premium generation.
- Territory to include: New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.
- Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Represent Pie in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Prospect, on-board, and train new distribution partners and agents.
- Use Saleforce.com to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
- Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
- Regional travel to and from partners. This role will require some travel within the territory. This may include up to 50% post COVID.
The Right Stuff
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners.
- Experience successfully developing and managing large regional and wholesale commercial lines brokers/agents, MGAs, MGUs and other strategic partners.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation Time
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with an onsite
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $118,000 - $175,000
This is an incentive pay based position with potential compensation ranging from $118,000 - $175,000 based on performance. As this is incentive based compensation, there is no guaranteed pay amount and the ranges provided are based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on
TrustpilotCheck out our great reviews from current and former employees on
GlassdoorPie raises an additional $127M in funding