Business Development Manager, New Suppliers at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
As a business development representative with Arrow, you’ll be responsible for expanding Arrow’s supplier portfolio with some of the most innovative and thought leading companies in technology today. You will serve as the tip of the spear for these efforts, helping these companies understand how Arrow can help the grow their business and achieve their goals at an accelerated pace
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Land major new relationships with strategic companies from assigned account list developed in conjunction with management Identify and aggressively pursue key decision makers and influencers to identify business needs across all Arrow solutions.
- Qualify opportunities throughout the sales cycle to ensure that the relationship meets Arrow’s goals and expectations are aligned with customer success criteria. Position Arrow’s unique value proposition across Channel Services as well Integration and Logistics services to differentiate us from all competition.
- Assemble and lead cross functional pursuit teams of Arrow SMEs needed to win each opportunity.
- Negotiate complex deals with multiple moving parts to structure relationships that are beneficial to Arrow and provide frameworks for successful business relationship with new suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders from Executive Management, Finance, and Operations to evaluate proposed offering throughout the sales cycle to assure alignment to Arrow’s capabilities and priorities. In conjunction with above teams, design a services structure to meet and exceed customer’s expectations with Arrow.
- Show maniacal focus to time efficiency in driving a healthy pipeline of 15-20 sales cycles at various stages in parallel to one another. Accuracy in forecasting both size and timeline of new business. Success will be defined on wins that are both large in total revenue and represent profitable business for Arrow.
What We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years in Sales, Business Development or distribution leadership with consistent history of overachieving targets. Experience working in solution selling environments across multiple stakeholders and decision makers within long, complex sales cycles. Ability to leverage disciplines like MEDDIC, Power Base Selling, and Miller Heiman to manage sales processes. Comfort selling and negotiating at the CRO and CFO levels.
- Strong cold calling and business development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and customer service skills
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, deal with ambiguity, handle pressure
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to sell, persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Must have demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customers and suppliers.
- Proven ability to originate new business and convert a lead into a qualified prospect.
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)