Business Development Manager III - Life Cycle Strategy Business Strategy at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Business Development Manager III - Life Cycle Strategy Business Strategy
Direct the marketing, new business pursuits, and provide business development support for ongoing programs in the assigned mission area. This position will report to the Tactical Solutions (TS) Life Cycle Strategy (LCS) group, helping to identify and assess new markets, while shaping opportunities in line with the TS business strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Technologies include:
- Phased array apertures and systems
- Line of Sight Comms
- Electronic Warfare
- Focus on the customer: understanding the strategic environment, threat capabilities, priorities and requirements. Understand customer perception. Shape opportunities to explain and promote Mission Area solutions.
- Identify pursuits and support capture and proposal activities.
- Lead opportunity identification and qualification through InI and PnP gate reviews.
- Provide business development support for assigned mission area.
- Provide leadership and coordinate the business development strategies across the corporation.
- LCS lead for formulating and executing Mission Area approaches to develop opportunities within customer base to include: Platform prime contractors, Army, Navy, Space and Air Force R&D offices.
- Complete competitive analysis studies, maintain surveillance over market, and review/shape new opportunities.
- May frame teaming strategies for assigned mission area and/or pursuits.
- Assure customer satisfaction and manage customer relations.
- Pursue strategic and tactical programs to create a diverse market base.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.