Business Development Manager - Global Reach at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Business Development Manager role is tasked with developing, implementing, managing and measuring strategic in order to increase/drive global revenue growth:
Complex Deal and Pursuit Support – Assist the direct sales team providing presentations, developing RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals for which the account team has requested product team support. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in SFDC. Success shall be measured based upon overall sales performance against targets.
Drive Sales Results -The Business Development Manager will have responsibility for directly engaging in an ongoing manner the field sales teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from opportunity identification through to close. Through these efforts, the qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter.
Sales Enablement and Training – The Business Development Manager is tasked with both enabling and driving sales team engagement through education, targeting support, executive level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support the field sales organization success in attaining their assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, sales teams will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiators and value proposition.
Strategic Partnerships – Work to identify opportunities to partner with a select number of strategic System Integrators and global carriers.
- Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
- Ability to create and consult on solutions for customers needing guidance for their application landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level and VP/director level).
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ sales experience including working knowledge of business customer applications in data center, IP, data services.
- Solid understanding of the global telecom market.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Successful experience in account management role supporting small to mid-size business customers.
- Experience working with referral partners and or sales agents.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills – with the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave