Business Development Manager - Florida at Pie Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
A majority of Pie’s future premium is expected to come from distribution partners such as payroll companies, wholesale agents, and retail agents. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer-first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
This role reports into our Denver office, but will be based remote and have responsibility for agency partnerships located in Florida. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a leader first and foremost and then executor. We are a high-growth company; all hands and minds are needed.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. We will consider this role for continued remote work within the United States once our offices reopen with up to 20% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You’ll Do It
-Collaborate with the Pie policyholder services, underwriting, marketing and development teams to develop, manage, and drive distribution partner premium generation.
- Generate new business and develop current relationships to meet or exceed revenue goals with agency partners located in the Florida territory. Note: territory may be adjusted in the future based on business needs.
-Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
-Represent Pie in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
-Prospect, on-board, and train new distribution partners and agents.
-Use Saleforce.com to track all distribution partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
-Assist in the constant improvement of business development, partner management, and onboarding processes.
-Establish a positive distribution team culture leveraging the Pie values.
-Regional travel to and from partners. This time will be spent visiting partners within your region and to our Denver and DC offices.
The Right Stuff
- This is a senior professional role requiring 6+ years of total working experience required, and 6+ years of sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in workers' compensation or other commercial insurance lines, in addition to 1-year of experience working for a carrier, wholesaler or MGA in a regional Partner Management capacity required.
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners.
- Experience successfully developing and managing large regional and wholesale commercial lines brokers/agents, MGAs, MGUs and other strategic partners.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners.
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Base Compensation Range for position: $110,000 - $125,000
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The OTE is approximately $175,000, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding