AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Business Development Manager to focus first on California (and potentially later a west coast region) to drive the growth of new sales by developing a territory plan and effective prospecting, qualifying and closing sales opportunities through strong pipeline development and management. B2B clients range from small/mid-market owner/operators to larger, regional enterprises and national account locations, in the recycling industry.
As our Business Development Manager, you will work to:
- Drive and exceed individual monthly/quarterly/yearly revenue and profitability sales targets for your territory/region
- Develop a territory plan and prioritized account lists within a defined geography by researching and identifying new opportunities through partnerships with industry groups, leveraging installed base relationships, utilizing industry/market research and data, and successful prospecting
- Develop and generate a pipeline and successfully manage sales opportunities that leads to closed bookings and quota attainment
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting
- Build and maintain long term relationships with mid-market owner/operator customers and senior leadership and other key decision makers/influencers within larger enterprise accounts
- Successfully articulate AMP’s compelling value proposition to customers and promote and develop ROI justification for AMP capital equipment/technology and upgrades/services (recurring revenue)
- Lead and manage contract negotiations in line with established guidelines, drive and align internal stakeholders to leverage resources and develop winning solutions and proposals
- Partner with AMP Robotics territory sales counterparts, technical and cross functional teams to identify short and long-term opportunities, and areas for success and growth
- Utilize internal sales processes to support departmental sales objectives, reporting requirements and goals to ensure organizational sales standards are met
- Ability to travel often, mainly in California, the West Coast and to AMP headquarters in Colorado.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years outbound B2B end-user sales experience with a heavy focus on “hunting”/new customer acquisition, mid-market expertise desired
- Experience selling capital equipment or high-tech systems or HW solutions, waste management or recycling industry experience a plus
- Strong consultative/value selling skills and ability to influence innovation and technology adoption in customer organizations. Ability to successfully challenge, educate and evangelize customers.
- Strong and demonstrated business acumen and savvy in technology and process improvement
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large-scale technology and/or capital equipment deals
- Demonstrated agility and ability to be adaptive, with a high willingness to learn
- Experience communicating and developing relationships with business owner/operators and senior leadership, and with decision makers/influencers across an organization
- BA/BS degree, preferably in engineering or business
- Experience with Salesforce and ability to support and utilize company SPMs and sales tracking tools
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.