Business Development Director, Vendormate at GHX
We are seeking a Business Development Director who will report directly to the Business Unit General Manager. Responsibilities include leading, designing and implementing all BU-level Strategic growth initiatives to achieve our plan today as well as exploring new ideas. Will manage the execution of projects and tasks across all facets of business operations, including day to day management, special initiatives and oversight of deadlines.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Customer Insights and Modeling: Lead voice of market engagements needed to assess new products, competitive situations or other growth opportunities allowing the BU to be best positioned for success. He/she will develop, manage and own product level market models.
- Strategic Planning: Lead annual strategic planning for the BU fueled with customer insights and understanding of macro trends such that we anticipate where the puck will be and run towards it. Conduct competitive war gaming analysis.
- Portfolio Prioritization: Guide and support the R&D team on the development of new product business cases. Run and support BU portfolio prioritization and rationalization. Support development and maintenance of product roadmaps.
- Strategic Marketing: Lead whitespace research to identify and assess new business growth and adjacency opportunities. Generation of business cases including make/buy assessments.
- Market Development: Oversees and supports execution teams focused on new growth and/or adjacency areas through PMO support, strategic thinking and ensure we maintain momentum.
- M&A: Assist with M&A opportunities including due diligence, scenario analysis, testing assumptions and analyzing cost synergies and efficiencies.
- Special Requests: Acts as key advisor by performing ad-hoc analysis and special projects to support business needs for the BU.
- Leadership: Serves as a member on the ATL Leadership team as the BU growth leader. Manages up to two analysts.
Knowledge and skills:
- Results orientation: Can deliver beyond expectations and set new stretch goals for yourself and the team
- Proven track record: Can efficiently and effectively lead strategic planning, project management, market development and program execution under tight timelines with a sense of urgency
- Customer Centric: Ability to design, lead and execute customer research
- Communication: Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, to influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Strategic Agility: Ability to leading the entire range of problem-solving work from problem definition to analysis to strategic business plan recommendations and the implementation of such plans. Sees and anticipates issues and can manage around them.
- Courageous: Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking and become the Transformation agent with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions across the BU with a desire and urgency to “Win” under high standards
- Proven leadership and management skills: Self-starter with strong interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills including the ability to influence and drive change internally and externally
- Analytic horsepower: Expert and familiarity in financial modeling and statistical analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel and other analytical software
- Organizational Savvy: Able to build constructive and effective relationships without direct authority and use them to maneuver and negotiate through complex situations
- BA/BS required
- MBA or Equivalent degree in Business /Economics required
- At least 3 years in top Tier Strategy / Management consulting firm or strategic planning leading consulting engagement and advising clients at the highest level
- US based remote role
- 6-8 years of experience in a strategy, project management and market development leadership with focus on the healthcare industry and SaaS type businesses
- People management experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at the senior executive and board levels
- Solid technical and analytical computer skills, including excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel software skills
Estimated Salary range for this position: $105,000 - $147,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.