Business Development Category Manager at Angi
The B2B Business Development Team is looking for a Business Development Category Manager who has a passion for seeking and developing new customer relationships, building a partnership portfolio, and driving incremental business for our company. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, driven individual that will play a key role in creating significant revenue growth by creating new relationships with the largest national home service businesses in the industry. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
The Business Development team is responsible for creating and managing programs that increase service professional acquisition and retention into the Angi networks. On a regular basis we prospect for new strategic partnership opportunities. Once new partnerships are finalized, we orchestrate next steps with multiple internal departments to successfully launch our programs. Once launched, we team up with our Strategic Partnerships Account Management team to provide strategic guidance and best practices to deliver and increase overall program success for our partners. We formalize new relationships that secure millions of dollars in revenue each year, and with that comes an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that plays a pivotal role in the overall growth of the company.
As a Business Development Category Manager in the Service Professional Business Development group, your role will include:
- Identifying and building relationships with some of the largest trade-facing organizations in the business. This includes opportunities with manufacturers, distributors, franchisors, associations, enterprise companies and other large organizations that meet strategic partner qualifications.
- Focusing on collaborating with leaders of these companies (often VP and C-Level) to sell new partnership opportunities, conduct contract negotiations, strategize marketing plans, and develop growth opportunities to help their company or their network of service professionals successfully participate and use Angi to grow their business.
- Each new strategic partner opportunity is different, and each approach is unique, so you start by building new relationships and formalizing new partnerships. Then you’ll coordinate with key internal groups to assemble and deliver valuable programs for both the business and your partners you develop and onboard in this role.
- Through a combination of prospecting, market penetration, attendance at trade shows, and face-to-face meetings with prospects, executives, and client interactions, you're growing the Business Development partnership customer base.
- Analyze the home services industry and identify the largest candidates for new strategic partnership opportunities in your assigned home service categories
- Develop and maintain personal relationships, allowing you to effectively execute new partnerships, and grow and retain your customer portfolio
- Capable and comfortable with presenting business solutions both online and in-person to executives and large audiences
- Display strong negotiation skills and navigate tough conversations with ease
- Work effectively and professionally with all departments across the organization
- Well organized to conduct category management and to see through numerous business projects
- Effectively communicate with management the status of prospecting, negotiations, contract agreements, new partnership launches, including risks and growth opportunities
- You are a confident, strategic thinker, with an ability to research and uncover new unidentified opportunities
- You are a self-starter that can handle a fast paced and dynamic work environment and is thoughtful, proactive, and self-motivated
- You have a positive attitude when working and communicating with prospects, clients, and internal stakeholders
- You are a results-driven person with a passion to meet and exceed goals and objectives
- You are tactful and resilient in challenging situations, and innovative in evaluating new business opportunities for growth
- You have a natural desire to learn and keep up with an industry that is always evolving and easily adapt to change
- You are an excellent communicator who enjoys encouraging and inspiring others
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office-Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel required; 10 - 20%
$60,000 to $80,000 based on experience + quarterly bonuses
Angi Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.