Business Development Associate at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:42 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, December 19, 2019
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Bilingual Business Development Associate who will be an integral part of our Sales team and will be a key player in continuously developing new business promoting the Boom brand in Asia and the Pacific areas.
- Represents Boom in support of events(trade-shows, golf-outings, conventions) as assigned through-out Asia and the Pacific
- Identifies and contacts Airline sales contacts and leads to develop and increase our Boom brand through market analysis
- Develops initial contact relationship and communication in the Asian market generating leads for our Sales team
- Communicates extensively with prospective customers to present Boom
- Remains current with the supersonic industry and current market news to recognize issues and trends to increase business through Lead generation
- Develops initial Contact relationship and communication with potential customers and is the liaison to send over to the Sales Engineering / Sales Directors
- Prefer 0-1 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline in Sales and Marketing
- Aviation experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required MBA preferred
- Bilingual in English and Chinese, Mandarin or Korean
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Professional business acumenHighly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service/ project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Google docs
- This person must be willing to travel 60% of the time through-out Asia and the Pacific areas
- Will be located in the US for the first 6 months then possibly relocate to Asia
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description